LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Took a few days off. Right before rut kicks things into overdrive then i'll be out almost daily.

Have been seeing some nice deer movement on the cams and a few good bucks taken by family and freinds. Doesn't seem like the warm weather is killing the season like everyone is saying lol.

Can't shoot deer from the living room. They are still up and at it.

Goodluck everyone let's get er done before gun starts and the wildness begins.

How does one deal with this? Draw while it is in range and then make a sound so that it will stop? Or put something on the ground that it will stop and sniff for a bit?

I saw a buck do this a week ago right downwind of me at only 20 yards. It was walking quite quickly and sniffing the ground oblivious/uninterested in looking over to me.

If the deer is strutting right along I just wait for it's head to be behind a tree draw quickly and give it the blaaa normally they stop right there then boom. Don't get me wrong it may not work every time but more times then not the deer pause to take a quick lisen before bounding away.

If the deer is strutting right along I just wait for it's head to be behind a tree draw quickly and give it the blaaa normally they stop right there then boom. Don't get me wrong it may not work every time but more times then not the deer pause to take a quick lisen before bounding away.

good point....make sure you're drawn back and ready for when you stop him, they usually go on alert when you do it.

I called a nice 6pt in I mean all the way from the road..300 yrds...when he got to 50 yrds he turned and worked a hanging branch but did not make a scrape..I knew He wasn't what I'm looking for...so when he got into the woods I bleated him..no response..... then got out the growler and he turned and came right back to with in 20-25 yrds ate WW for a bit and then went back to his original path sniffing the ground the whole way..so I know where the doe are walking...he had a smaller rack than last years but a bigger body,,,he'll be a stud in a couple of years..he actually came in walking side ways and bristled up...I had to look around to see if I some how missed another buck in the area...lol ...he has a scare on his shoulder and one across the side of his neck...so he's a scraper... fun night..saw/heard no other deer...then as I neared home guy behind us kid was tering through the woods on his 4 wheeler in the dark???they don't even live there it's a camp....

• Like 2

Was enjoying a nice morning sit in my favorite stand until the damn landscapers decided to show up at 615 and blow up my stand. Now in a new stand hopefully see something and these idiots didn't just ruin my promising sit

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

alarm went off...it was raining and the wind was howling...turned it off and rolled over....the trees are a rocking and it's warm just took the lawn tractor over to the barn...forgot to last night...pulled the apple tree card while there. Man there are some big doe around here not showing until dark and at 4:04 Mr big 8 and a smaller 8 were cruising by...I believe headed for one particular cover area

Talked to neighbor and gave a tip about a slob seen just off their land...100 acres...incase they had someone hunting I gave the area it was seen in....message back...didn't get out last year probably won't have to this.... thanks and hope you get him....Well thats not good...hundred acre sanctuary with a ton of food(pasture land,oaks )...thanks to me lots of green mowed areas that volunteered clover and tons of apples I told them how to maintain by cutting back the regrowth trees and mowing wide winding trails through the regrowth...HHmmm now no one pushing them at all...OH well just means there will be some whoppers around next year...lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1