LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Rain. App said 2% chance

wth. Two hours ago weather.com said 30% rain at 8:00 only. Started at 7:56. Now it says 30-40% through the next several hours. Also is quite windy. I don't think deer like this weather (?). I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wth. Two hours ago weather.com said 30% rain at 8:00 only. Started at 7:56. Now it says 30-40% through the next several hours. Also is quite windy. I don't think deer like this weather (?). I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Perfect conditions to stalk/still hunt... I would walk very slow with the wind in my face

Had a buck bumping some doe in the thick stuff this morning, I hit the can, and he came in to about 50 yds. He then snort wheezed and made some other god awful sound but wouldn't come in. Then about 30 min later 2 doe came by looking pretty roughed up. Sit tight boys...shit is about to get crazy.

First Burmjohn...are you sure that 6pt didn't have a hole in his upper shoulder...???

WTH ...wake at 3 am ...check weather 10%chance of rain not a cloud on radar...dress accordingly...winds wrong direction for most stands...Ok go to ridge stand I haven't been near other than to clear trails...10yrds from stand I jump a bunch of deer ...well Stand has always been great..buck run as it were...now apparently bedding too!! :rolleyes:...climb up and sit...I have deer walking all around me...they move up out of gully over ridge and down the hill...You'd think today was opener of gun...the next road over parallel to us has 12 vehicals drive up it before 5:30...Thats good nothing up here but hunting camps they'll be moving them...raccoon walks my trail just as it starts getting light...squirrels...possum..and the fawn from last night running circles across the gully 200yrds away..no buck with her.

Then it began...the misting..OK I can handle that...hear buck grunt to my left...then it's lightly raining and the temp plumets...no buck shows and I'm back to getting misted 8:30 sky opens up and I'm soaked to the skin... I have so many fowl, discusting and a few horrid made up words for the weather guys...I'll end up in hell for just the thoughts :sorry: ...having coffee and drying out......PS.. heart attack tracks in the fresh earthen trail...Holy cow what made those has to be huge...

Edited by growalot