Don't make excuses...

chiefbkt

I poop out all my trophies.  They usually get flushed down the toilet.

LOL, Elmo....If THAT's the case, I have trophies scattered all over New York, plus a dozen other states and 5 provinces of Canada !!

You can follow me around the woods by a trail of Charmin....

• Like 1

I do the same thing, Greensider, except I do it after I haven eaten them, digested them, and...well..had my FINAL encounter with them..

Sometimes after a game dinner when I have eaten several different critters the day before, I have to hold a GROUP ceremony...

• Like 1

Bingo!  We have a winner!  Sorry I ran out of likes.

every animal i have ever taken weather a big buck or a squirrel i take time to thanks it for its life i took and for the food it will provide me they all have a trophy quality to me 

• Like 2

If you want to call a deer your trophy... that's just fine... everyone makes of their success as they will... I just think the whole "every deer is a trophy" is over used and was developed only after the big influx of "trophy hunting" and passing on young bucks. Kind of an "I'm not gonna let the trophy hunters and big buck hunters have control of the word trophy, cuz I don't like trophy hunting or big buck hunters" mentality. Who cares what other call their deer?

Call your deer "The greatest, most fantasic thing that ever happened to me, I think I might cry deer"... if that's what keeps ya going in the woods.

My deer are like a new pair of sneakers... when they're new you're all excited about the new sneakers and don't want them to even get dirty. But, after a while you just want a new pair of sneakers.

• Like 2

Guess I have to rename my room with mounts in it to the memories room?  Stop being so politically correct, its just a deer, if someone considers it a trophy why rain on their parade?  I consider every deer I have taken a trophy and will never put anyone down for shooting a deer that makes them happy.

That mount allows me to tell the story, explain how beautiful the animal was and show others the beauty of a nice mount.  It bring back the day it happened and allows me to relive the joy and bounty it provided.

Now to be politically correct I will have to be a memories hunter vs a trophy hunter?  No I make no excuse for the hunting I do.  I am a trophy hunter and will not change to a memories hunter.  And I do not fell any regret for being one.

You just make too much sense to me! Thanks!   

100 likes and a thumbs up!

• Like 1

I call it a special deer that has more meaning to me than others. I am all for getting rid of that term, "trophy" when it comes to deer. They are not some wood and brass award. And, if I were king, I would dump the stupid scoring systems too. Whoa! .... Don't get me started .... lol.

You have to think of the scoring system as merely a number used kinda like the Dewey decimal system... I tell the folks at the annual NYSBBC banquet every year that the scoring method is just a way to keep track of the deer that we record every year so that folks can see what an exceptional specimen of a whitetail looks like... kind of like knowing the height of the tallest man in the Guiness Book of World records... or the biggest fish... fastest human.. etc. It really means very little in the scheme of things... Its the hunters that have made it more than it was ever supposed to be.

• Like 1