How Many 5.5 Year Old Bucks Have You Killed? (and older)

Lawdwaz

I've got none. I've killed 50+ deer in NY, I don't think any were even 3.5

You're not alone.

As far as the 5.5+ year old bucks, not many have taken one for a host of reasons.  Some of them are because a 5.5 YO is one smart critter, he doesn't wander MUCH in the daylight and they're aren't many of them around, IMO.

Hopefully this will be your year TCIII........... :)

• Like 2

From your mouth to Gods ears Lawdwaz! It's funny, when I first started I had several chances at REALLY nice bucks and couldn't seal the deal because I had no idea what I was doing, I'd move, draw at the wrong time, miss, etc. now that I'm pretty good killing deer I can't get a slammer in front of me lol. I have run into a couple giants the past few years though, I'm not whining I swear

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 2

I've got one on cam but on public land.  who knows if it's still around but if someone shot it word around town would spread quick.  don't post harvests on here usually but will if I shoot him.  split G3's to make him a 12 pointer plus maybe some small trash and stickers.

I've got one on cam but on public land.  who knows if it's still around but if someone shot it word around town would spread quick.  don't post harvests on here usually but will if I shoot him.  split G3's to make him a 12 pointer plus maybe some small trash and stickers.

And you know it's a 5.5+ YO buck HOW?

Don't even START to type the that you're judging by the horns.........................................

:)

Don't even START to type the that you're judging by the horns.........................................

I thought each point correlated to one year of age which is why all the 1 year old deer I see are always spikes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I THINK it is based on an educated guess based on over half a dozen physical characteristics

...THEN I KNOW because of what they said... for each point to a side had a year and definitely due to the length of its tail.

• 2 weeks later...