ThermaCell heated insoles

...and how do they hold up after I accidentally fill my boots with water crossing the trout stream ?

well, in 30+ years of deer hunting I've yet to do that......willing to take the chance for warmer feet and longer sits. I've wasted more money on worse things.

• Like 2

Keep me posted on how you like them I am hoping to have them before I leave for NY on the 30th

will do, a member posted a link on here earlier in the year for a sale and I got two pair for the price of one, so figured why not......will post a report middle of next week.

• Like 1

Thank you that's a pretty good deal

I have thought about buying them for a couple years but couldn't get myself to spend the cash to find out I didn't like them so glad I won a set from thermacell if I like them I will be sure to buy a second set. My feet & hands are always cold first

I just read reviews on them last night and decided not to get any.

yeah, I was torn after reading mostly less then satisfactory reviews, but figured why not........actually less then what I've spent over the years trying different boots and socks, so figured I'd give em a whirl. Biggest concern is how well they'll hold up after being "flexed" from walking.

• Like 1

I don't think they're intended to produce a great amount of heat, just keep your feet from getting cold....if that makes sense. I think if you wait till ur feet are cold to turn them on, they will not produce enough heat to bring them back of to temp.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

I have a pair. Your feet do not get hot with them, it's a constant low warmth. They aren't the best thing ever and your are better since they were free! I still wear the toe warmers with the insoles because my feet are always cold and I want to sit out all day.

I bought a set last spring, when they where featured on the Today show half price deal. I paid around $65 for my. I finally broke them out to charge them. I used them this morning. I turned them on and inserted them in my boots. I only drive about 5 minutes to my hunting spot to part. On that short drive I could feel the heat. I walked to my stand and could feel the heat no problem. I got to my stand and sat down, and they stayed warm, but not as hot as when I was walking or using my feet on the gas or brake peddle.Then I stood up to look around and could really feel the heat again. So in my opinion in my first time using them, they are ok, but to really feel the heat there needs to be some pressure on the insoles. It was around 37 degrees today with a very cool breeze. One thing i did noticed though is if you already have a tight fit in your boots you may not beable to use them. The back part is pretty thick.

• Like 1

Well they showed up last night trimmed them to fit my boots well they fit my bogs but tight fit in my Danner'. They probably would fit in my Danner's if I didn't spill calcium chloride on them last year (shrunk the leather)

it came with a little warning card that states these do not get hot they get warm

I turned one on & left one off went outside took the dirtbike for an hour ride in the 30 degree weather yes that was stupid I was freezing other than my one foot. It was a quick test but they do work next test is for how long they last between charges then how long before they don't work anymore

Edited by gfdeputy2

I bought the cabelas heated socks and my friend bought the thermacels.He has basically mimicked what was said here.Never really got hot just warm.He doesn't care for them.I love my cabelas socks with one exception.My toes get super cold,my feet generally don't just my toes.The heated socks don't have any elements up around the toes.I have contacted gerbings to talk to them and they said non of there socks focus on the toes which I find odd.Most people when they complain about their feet being cold their toes are also cold.So I am on the lookout for a sock or something that also gets the toes warm as well as the foot.Hope this helps!!

I got a pair last year used them a few times (2-3) and I',m happy.

Never got a chance to wear them for an all day day deer sit, but wore them on a 4 hour duck hunt in the freezing cold rain/sleet etc.

I was very happy with them, my friend was ready to pack it in and I was happy and comfortable because my feet were warm, he left and I stayed and shot 2 more ducks !

• Like 2

I just got back from hunting the past few days and trying out the heated insoles. First off, I suggest that you try them on inside of your intended hunting boot, I put them inside my leather hunting boots and they are a bit thicker than the originals so my boots were tight until I walked in them a bit to break them in......probably better suited for roomier boots with more air space, and I'm not sure how good they are as far as support for walking any great amount of time. OK,off to the "heating" test, I intentionally wore lighter socks than I normally would to get a better feel for their heating abilities. Temp's were around 20ish, so I got in stand and let my feet adjust to the temp and just begin to feel the cold and turned them on "high"....no question I could feel the warmth and my feet stayed comfortable and I sat for about 3 hours with them on "high", so as of now I'm happy with them......question is how well they will do when the temp's really dip, but I can't imagine them not helping to some degree......Oh and the remotes functioned properly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tightness was mentioned several times when using the heated insoles in boots . Don't most boots have removable insoles in them that can be taken out to make room for the heated insoles ? 

yes, I removed mine, but the thermacells are at least twice as thick......

• 2 weeks later...