Have you ever accidentally shot something?

ATbuckhunter

When we were kids we use to shoot our bows straight up in air to see how high they would go and 1 time a little mazda came around the corner.  The arrow stuck right in the middle of the roof.  we took off like a bat out of hell..........

• Like 2

I know this is a bow hunting discussion but I can't resist. Dad shot this tree and killed the buck -

post-5300-0-69989600-1445602366_thumb.jp

It speaks well for 7mm-08. He broke its front leg which penetrated the body cavity and punctured an artery.

I once shot a "doe" which turned out to be a legal spike buck. Good thing I still had my buck tag.

My buddy Steve shot a buck and the slug passed through it and broke the back of a doe.

• Like 1

Shooting in my basement.  Put my block target on the old couch down there.  Let one go and saw that it was buried to the fletching.  Looked around behind the target and it had buried about 3 inches into the couch. Whoops.  

Did the same but mine tried to go thru the block wall.  I was in the basement paper tuning my bow when the arrow missed the target. I will have to post a photo of the arrow, the insert and field point was pushed back into the shaft and where the heavier laid carbon fiber half of the arrow spine was pushed inside of the other. It went from a 27.5" arrow to a 25" arrow very fast.

• Like 1

I know this is a bow hunting discussion but I can't resist. Dad shot this tree and killed the buck -

attachicon.gifTree 002.jpg

It speaks well for 7mm-08. He broke its front leg which penetrated the body cavity and punctured an artery.

I once shot a "doe" which turned out to be a legal spike buck. Good thing I still had my buck tag.

My buddy Steve shot a buck and the slug passed through it and broke the back of a doe.

Made a shot on a doe like that with my shotgun didn't see the branch. The slug was deflected and dropped the fawn standing on the other side of the doe.

I shot a bb once when i was young also thinking it was a doe. I was kinda upset about that because I was passing deer most of gun waiting for a buck. but this "doe" kept coming around and eventually my itchy trigger finger got the best of me. He sure was tasty though.

I was shooting on my target range and the targets are located along the garden fence...I went out to 40 yards and  ained a bit high. the arrow skimmed off the back of the 3D McKenzie and to a rt continueing for another 15yrds and right threw the metal tubing of the cattle gate I have for the garden.That is 55yrds from a 50# bow and a ricochet at that.

A friend kept telling me that reusing an arrow, that you killed a deer with was good luck as long as it was still straight. I was shooting aluminum then. I cleaned up an arrow that I took a buck with the year before, and tried it on my block target. Apparently it wasn't completely straight. It missed the block, it went through my shed, sliced lengthwise through the cushion of my wife's lawn chair that was in the shed, went through the top of a bag of charcoal (or maybe it was potting soil or something) and stuck in the opposite interior wall of my shed.

I don't re use arrows

• Like 4