Loctite

I usually just put a screwdriver to every one prior to sighting in on the range in the late summer/early fall, and make sure they are tight.   I never had an issue with one loosening up.   If you are going to be bouncing one around on an atv or in a gun-rack in a truck, you might have an issue due to vibration and then blue Loctite would probably help.  The red stuff would be a nightmare to remove if you ever broke your scope or decided to upgrade.   My scoped guns are only transported in a padded case or carried on a sling on my shoulder so vibration is not a problem.  

Since rings and bases started coming with Allen fittings or Torx heads, rather than flat head screws, they can be tightened a lot more, and I wouldn't worry too much if I didn't have loctite on hand. But if I could, I would still use a tiny bit of the blue loctite. Just to play it safe. Some ring screws come pre treated with the blue stuff. You can see it on the threads.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

No....not ever. 22LR's to full house 458 Lott loads.

Maybe close to 50 mounts.....10 or so for others included.

Lapped a few rings here and there to get a good fit, and sometimes use a little rosin on the rings if they don't have the right feel.

Only rings I have had to mess with were some Burris Signature Zee's on a 22LR,11mm integral base rifle. Had to regrind the clamping geometry to get a good grip.