Rage broadheads turned me into a believer today

Hock3y24

Fire away! I can't wait to put another hypo through a doe, although this deer will be donated to my father as my freezer is PACKED. I still have 20 lbs from last year to go with about 90 fresh pounds vacuum sealed!

If you have 20 lbs leftover you're not eating enough. Finish it or give it away before you take another.

I know, I know.....was actually expecting a response from you....it really was a big decision to get one and was not going to, but after it was bought for me as a gift I made the choice to give it a whirl.....

just poking fun. I don't really care anymore. it's all in good fun.

so, now I'm sitting here with a pack of Rage and a pack of Spitfire Crossbow Broadheads, both unopened...........which do I return?

I am not a fan of fold back mechanicals. I have shot very fast and pretty powerful bows since about 1998. one year I chose to use the fold back style. shot 3 deer that year and the beginning  of the next season, all inside 20 yards. no shoulder shots and I didn't pass through on a single one. If I was choosing I would use a rear deploying like the Rage. I think you lose too much energy while those blades are folding back.

• Like 2

I have never saw a deer get away after a good shot with a rage 2 blade. I'm not a believer of everything I hear so all the bad 'storys' I hear about them I throw out of the window after the results I have gotten and saw.

Fresh blades after every deer kill and a tiny bit of lube were the screw goes threw the blade and they have been flawless.

Not bashing rage but I have 2 buddies that shoot rage both have lost deer using them. I'm not blaming the head just saying they lost deer using them. They were also close to first production run.

I am not a fan of fold back mechanicals. I have shot very fast and pretty powerful bows since about 1998. one year I chose to use the fold back style. shot 3 deer that year and the beginning  of the next season, all inside 20 yards. no shoulder shots and I didn't pass through on a single one. If I was choosing I would use a rear deploying like the Rage. I think you lose too much energy while those blades are folding back.

Thanks, you helped me make my decision...Spitfires are going back. I may grab a pack of Slick Tricks to try as well, always been a fixed blade guy.

well i will eat him, i always save about 20 lbs until the season starts so i can eat some during season until i get a deer. i got a new job this October and wont be able to take the days off i wanted to hunt so i put some meat in the freezer now and am going to give some to the property owners that allow me to hunt. if i shoot another doe it will go in my dads freezer. i never shoot anything that wont go to good use,  

• Like 1

(Get rid of) the crossbow, and hunt like a man.[/quote

And I was wondering, what you were doing to your bow,repetitively fondling the limbs up in your treestanding. Didn't realize you viewed it as a sign of your manhood.

Such small minds.

Edited by Jmny

That's a lot of venison. Why shoot another one? Next year he has 40 lbs. And then 60 lbs. 

I don't believe in killing what I wont eat. That's why I care.

We have about 70# of venison in the freezer in various forms (steaks, straps, sausage and ground) it is what is used at camp for the season. You never know what the next season will bring so if you store it properly and use it, I don't see an issue. Pretty ballsy of you, honestly, to judge what someone else should keep for inventory.  

• Like 2

(Get rid of) the crossbow, and hunt like a man.[/quote

And I was wondering, what you were doing to your bow,repetitively fondling the limbs up in your treestanding. Didn't realize you viewed it as a sign of your manhood.

Such small minds.

welcome to huntingny.com where you have no idea the history between me and jjb. The friendly jab was between me and him. You can go back to fondling yourself to pics of Cait Jenner now and leave the grown men be.

We have about 70# of venison in the freezer in various forms (steaks, straps, sausage and ground) it is what is used at camp for the season. You never know what the next season will bring so if you store it properly and use it, I don't see an issue. Pretty ballsy of you, honestly, to judge what someone else should keep for inventory.  

with a shelf life of maybe 2 years if packaged properly I believe my comment if perfectly just. Losing a deer because of a bad shot and having it waste is no different than not eating what's in your freezer. He explained his reason just fine and we moved on.

Ive used the Chisel tip 100 grains for a few years now.  The last buck I shot was through the heart, the Rage literally cut the heart in half, when I pulled it out during the field dress...my buddy was pretty much in awe that the heart was in two pieces clean.  The entrance and exit holes were impressive as well. 

Ive not noticed the heads being "flimsy" in any way.  My opinion though.

with a shelf life of maybe 2 years if packaged properly I believe my comment if perfectly just. Losing a deer because of a bad shot and having it waste is no different than not eating what's in your freezer. He explained his reason just fine and we moved on.

I vacuum seal all of mine, and have had some of it for 2 1/2 years and it was fine. As long as you keep it frozen and the freezer frost off of it, it will stay good for more than 2 years.

• Like 1