If this is you....

meatmuzzy

What was libelous about that statement....and if I were MM I'd have that pic blown up like a wanted poster and post it in local hunt shops...grocery stores....post office and take it to the police and DEC......I'd move the camera  as well

WANTED

PIC

Trespasser

Reward for info leading to an arrest

What was libelous about that statement....and if I were MM I'd have that pic blown up like a wanted poster and post it in local hunt shops...grocery stores....post office and take it to the police and DEC......I'd move the camera  as well

WANTED

PIC

Trespasser

Reward for info leading to an arrest

::(

I didnt say his statement was libelous, I was referring to the insinuation that a forum should be made for posting pictures of "trespassers". The proper way to handle such an issue is to take the photos to the authorities.

I'd seriously consider someone's offer (such as Robinsons) if you can determine you can trust them. Being a remote landowner, it may be best to do this.

I had a friend in Virginia who had land and dog runners figured out that he lived two hours away, and ran dogs through (including dropping and picking up on it). Best thing he did was go to the town police, the county troopers, and the state police. He found a younger state policeman who had just relocated on assignment, and who hunted. After meeting him, and talking for a bit, he worked out a deal that gave the officer hunting rights. The officer in turn patrolled the land when not on duty and while hunting, and attached laminated business cards to the posted signs.

The issues stopped immediately as soon as the first dogs were dropped off and tickets were issued. The runner even lost his rifle in the deal. The office has to be in his mid thirties now, and still hunts, but it built such a good relationship, the office and the owner's family are now good friends. Not only did the owner get the porblems to stop, but he got a dedicated hunting partner out of the deal.

Assuming you want your land to yourself and your family/friends during deer season, you may still be able to work out a deal with a neighbor to be able to hunt it for small game, turkey, etc. outside of deer season a couple times.

I'd strongly suggest finding a local connection that you can trust in this situation. Obviously screen them as best as possible to avoid them ruingint he place, hunting when you are not there...generally you should be able to get a feel if they can be trustworthy.

I think we hae a similiar problem on the property we lease. A new guy moved in at the head of our entrance road.....8 coon hounds and I think he is running them on the hill. Step one for me is having a chat with him. When I get u there this weekend I will be doing a run around checking for tracks.

If it is northern tier, not only is he trespassing but he is also carrying a rifle during muzzleloader season.

I doubt it's the northern tier since he is wearing orange.

The general attitude up in these parts seems to be that wearing orange while hunting is akin to having sex W/your kin.  :)

Personally I think they resist wearing orange so they can trespass W/O being seen.

I have a neighbor that is a non-hunter & I tell him that if he sees anyone on my place that is NOT wearing orange, he is to call me.

Everyone that hunts my place (that's not many) is required to wear orange.

Bro, i know how you feel but that ish happens to most of us,the locals feel they have the right to tresspass cause they live up there,at least he didnt take your camera.

I got robbed they took 5 trailcams,shotgun,32''flatsccreen tv,ridgid cordless powertools,bosch grinder,mider saw and my liquor

This took place in the summer time when we would go up every weekend

to do some work. >:) >;) >:( >:( >:(

Cloke, I know how you feel. Last February I got a call from the Delaware County Sheriffs Dept as soon as he said that I said what happened to my house. He told me the house was broken into and it was reported by one of the locals down the road. They kicked in my garage door, the front door to my house had a door that was partial glass. They tried to break the door in but the dead bolt held so the smashed the glass and got in. They took all our hunting knives, pair of camo pants and other minor things. Though they were in my garage they took nothing that I could tell right away. There were 3 quads,chain saws, weed wachers and riding mowers. But nothing was taken. In the house they left the booze, but did go through every drawer in the house. I had my bow on my bed in the case and no one touched it. Also had a 22 didn't touch that either . There was a hunting club around the corner from me that was ice fishing with a bunch of kids when this happened. I went down to tell them what happen and they all knew, for 2 days before the sheriffs were called. Why didn't they call the cops i don't know. But it sounds strange to me. Almost sounds like kids, who took only what whey could hide. Just my theory, cops never caught anyone.

Dave

Dave, wow your story sounds exactly like mine.  Locals new house was broken into said nothing...they left the guns, camo, tv's, quads, tools etc...and went through all the draws in the house.  Sherif never caught them.  Now have alarm system, camera's etc...Just curious where r u located in Deleware county? I'm just north of you in Otsego?  send pm.

Dave, wow your story sounds exactly like mine.  Locals new house was broken into said nothing...they left the guns, camo, tv's, quads, tools etc...and went through all the draws in the house.  Sherif never caught them.  Now have alarm system, camera's etc...Just curious where r u located in Deleware county? I'm just north of you in Otsego?  send pm.

G2,Sent you a pm let me know if you got it. Don't know if I sent it the right way.

Dave

A couple land mines placed near the entrance to the property, and problem solved.

HAHA I LIKE THAT!  IVE PLACED TRAIL CAMS UP HIGH LOOKING DOWN ON THE PARKING AREA SO I CAN SEE EXACTLY WUTS GOING ON WHEN IM NOT THERE.  MAYBE EVEN GET A PLATE NUMBER OR TWO...

A couple land mines placed near the entrance to the property, and problem solved.

HAHA I LIKE THAT!  IVE PLACED TRAIL CAMS UP HIGH LOOKING DOWN ON THE PARKING AREA SO I CAN SEE EXACTLY WUTS GOING ON WHEN IM NOT THERE.  MAYBE EVEN GET A PLATE NUMBER OR TWO...

Muzzy, did the same thing have a trail camera on a pole on my property facing the house. I have pictures of nyseg reading the meter. Haven't been up since Dec. with this cold weather batteries probably dead. But they don't know that.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Best way to solve this problem is to get friendly with your neighbors. I live in the Island and my neighbor watches my property like a hawk. My property is on a dead end road and if my neighbor sees anyone, the sheriff gets a call asap (he lives on the same road). Never had a problem with break in but my neighbor has, he chased them off his property with a gun. I think he would do the same for me.

May be a little late now, you probably wont get anyone till turkey, or next years deer season. I dont think anyone will risk trespassing to hunt any small game.

When you trespass on someones property is a big difference than breaking into their house and garage. There is damage during a break in, none when they trespass.

Dave

Dave why not just install an alarm system or just put up signs that say you have an alarm system that should make people think twice about breaking in.

Moose, there is a program provided my the Sheriffs Dept that will check on your property. They send you a from and answer some questions and then they will patrol your property when they are in the area. They also put up two posters saying they are watching this piece of property. This service is free.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...