What are you using opening day SZ?

Billdogge

I am hunting with my Dad's WoodsMaster 30-06...He bought it when he returned from Vietnam and hunted with it until the late 1980's.  Promised I wouldn't buy myself a new rifle until I shot a deer with his rifle.  First year in NY deer hunting so hope I can find some good areas this year or meet new hunting partners in the region.

• Like 2

Plans have changed a buddy who just had shoulder surgery offered me a doe permit if I help him drag. I immediately obliged so I'm going to give my newish toy a try. Who doesn't need a 5 lb .454 Casull lever scout gun. I'm shooting a 250 gn xtp mag home brew.6abe131fc1000c70cfcba1bd71a48907.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awsome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mossberg 500 12 ga. Rifled barrel

2.5 x 2.0 scope that came with the package

Remington Premier CopperSolid 3" Sabots

Sighted to 50 yds, -2.9" at 100 yds

Yes, it kicks like a mule, but the last buck I took dropped after 30 yds.  I actually walked right past him looking around, thought "geesh maybe I missed", came back around he was lying in a low spot.

That reminds me ,how many guys are going to "scope" themselves tomorrow ?

I never have. But did see my Dad do it in Wyoming. It was snowing hard and wind blowing hard and he was trying to get a shot at an antelope around 275yds away. He laid down prone and used a bookbag as a rest. I guess he inched up too far and it split the bridge of his nose. Bleeding but no stitches or break luckily. I was trying hard not to laugh as he was yelling "I broke my nose!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk