Testies

Paula

REAL men drink whiskey straight, or at least on the rocks.

It IS permissible to chase it with beer( preferably) or water (if no beer is available).

Only gay guys ruin perfectly good whiskey by mixing it with soda pop.

This must be where the penis bone swizzle stick originated.

• Like 3

REAL men drink whiskey straight, or at least on the rocks.

It IS permissible to chase it with beer( preferably) or water (if no beer is available).

Only gay guys ruin perfectly good whiskey by mixing it with soda pop.

This must be where the penis bone swizzle stick originated.

Try some cinnamon whiskey and hard apple cider. mmmm

I cut the tongue out of my deer this year. Hopefully I can add to that this weekend during muzzle. I plan on corning them and giving it a try with some spicy mustard. Not sure I would ever save the nuts from my deer but I would try rocky mountain oysters at least once. I plan on giving the kidneys a whirl......heard they are really good.

You will have to tell how the tongue turned out when you have it.

What is the difference between Rocky Mountain oysters and deer testicles?

Paula...I always thought that Rocky Mountain Oysters were from wild sheep..

Deer  testicles are just "deer nuts"..

Have you heard the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts ?

Beer nuts are $1.25....Deer nuts are under a buck.

• Like 2

What a beautiful rooster !   I love chickens.

I spent most of my time living in the country and now I am right in town, albeit a SMALL town..

One of the things I miss MOST about not being in the country is not having chickens.

OH and the fact that I can't discharge a firearm in my backyard or pee anywhere in the yard that the urge strikes me.

• Like 1

I understand where you're coming from Paula Darlin'...NUTZ is NUTZ...

It's just that the first few times I heard of eating such things they were from wild rams.  One of my hunting buddies killed a stone sheep ram in BC back in the 80s, and his guide sliced and fried up the testicles for supper that night.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am NOT especially squeamish about what I eat, but I draw the line at testicles and brains.

I understand where you're coming from Paula Darlin'...NUTZ is NUTZ...

It's just that the first few times I heard of eating such things they were from wild rams.  One of my hunting buddies killed a stone sheep ram in BC back in the 80s, and his guide sliced and fried up the testicles for supper that night.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am NOT especially squeamish about what I eat, but I draw the line at testicles and brains.

Brains are not bad, they don't have the bloody taste that a lot of organ meat does. I used to keep them when I had my processing business (most guys wanted the skull cap sawed off of their deer anyway), they were pretty good fried in brown butter or cream sauce. Once I learned about CWD, that was the end for me.

Still trying to wrap my head around stirring my soup or an Everclear and Kool Aid with a wanger bone.... :bad:

At the end of the day, a cleaned bone is a cleaned bone. The symbolism you assign it is, of course, a personal thing...

Yotes have them? I thought only bears and whales had them

Most primates (humans are one of the few exceptions), rodents, bats, bears, felines, canines, mustelids, raccoons, walruses, sea lions, and seals have a baculum (penis bones).

Whales actually do not have them, nor do dolphins.

More than you ever wanted to know about the darn thing: https://books.google.com/books?id=2rkHQpToi9sC&pg=PA68&dq=pinniped+baculum&hl=en&sa=X&ei=otYCU4rBHKuR1AHXxoDgDg&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=snippet&q=baculum&f=false

• Like 1

At the end of the day, a cleaned bone is a cleaned bone. The symbolism you assign it is, of course, a personal thing...

Most primates (humans are one of the few exceptions), rodents, bats, bears, felines, canines, mustelids, raccoons, walruses, sea lions, and seals have a baculum (penis bones).

More than you ever wanted to know about the darn thing: https://books.google.com/books?id=2rkHQpToi9sC&pg=PA68&dq=pinniped+baculum&hl=en&sa=X&ei=otYCU4rBHKuR1AHXxoDgDg&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=snippet&q=baculum&f=false

Aka the Oosic bone 

• Like 1

But if its a clean bone that came from a penis, theres no symbolism thats going to take away the fact that its from a penis.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had "hog fries" & they are quite good if prepared properly. They are sliced & skinned like chicken gizzards. They have a similar taste & texture but are not as chewy as gizzards.

I never thought I would eat them, but there was a bar in Bargersville, IN that had them free on Monday nights. After enough beers I decided to try them. I was a regular on Monday nights after that.

Of the "gross" factor, I've had scorpion on a toast, cricket tacos, Bulls penis, turkey testicles, sun dried caterpillars, sheep brains, snake, turtle, Guinea pigs, and all kinds of weird seafood. Basically if there is a culture out there that treats it as a delicacy and you dared me, I'll probably try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A lot of people act like if trying a new cuisine would kill them or given them stomach ache for weeks.  If other people are eating it, odds are it's safe.  If it taste bad, just stop eating.  Consider the best case scenario and worst case scenario.  Best case, you're pleasantly surprised that it taste awesome.  Worst case scenario, it taste like crap, you spit it out, chase it with whiskey or something, and it's over with in a matter of seconds.  Regardless of the outcome, you'll have a better respect and understanding of another culture and I'm pretty sure they would have more respect of you as well.

Oddly enough, of all the odd things I've tried, the one cuisine I find that I can't stand was poi while in Hawaii.  It's made from a root plant.

• Like 1