Trapping Squirrels with body

chas0218

So I was planning on using some of my grandfather's old duke 110 body grip traps for squirrels. These are like new used only a few times to trap pests in the barn. Anyone give me some tips for trapping them?

Unfortunately they are in my garage and unable to shoot them without hurting something in the garage.

Well first off you'll need to let us know if you're in the northern or southern zone because in the northern zone you can't use bait or lure with bodygrip traps after December 10th. Then make sure you have a trapping license. Squirrels are creatures of habit, if you can locate their entry then you can box it off to "funnel" them into a trap.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I wouldn't think that a trapping license would even be required to trap animals that are INSIDE one's garage or home and doing damage. Steel traps, snares, drowning buckets, whatever..

As long as you have the conibears, Chas, I'd set up some kind of baited cubby like Turkeyfeathers suggested, or blind sets or snares on the holes where they are entering, if you know where they are...

I wouldn't think that a trapping license would even be required to trap animals that are INSIDE one's garage or home and doing damage. Steel traps, snares, drowning buckets, whatever..

As long as you have the conibears, Chas, I'd set up some kind of baited cubby like Turkeyfeathers suggested, or blind sets or snares on the holes where they are entering, if you know where they are...

Again snares are illegal in NY

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/81531.html

This page is intended to help you identify whether a permit is required to legally "take" an animal that is causing a nuisance, damaging your property or threatening your safety. "Take" or "taking" means to pursue, shoot, hunt, kill, capture, trap, snare or net wildlife and game-or perform acts that disturb or worry wildlife. Taking an animal is only suggested if other best practices do not help alleviate the problem.

Is there an echo in here ?

Np there's just enough bad publicity out rite now cause someone's dog got caught in a illegally placed snare in Manchester and it got stuck in someone's Christmas lights in there from yard and is all over the news the last week ... us trappers don't need any more bad publicity so I'm just making sure people know that they are illegal unless you have certification for it and you are a licensed ADC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk