OK guy's Call your lawmakers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and I love how you NYB guys are against crossbows in archery season, but hold hands with NYMLA and support an early ML (gun) season.  :;)

After crossbows gain full inclusion, then what will your great crusade be?  ;D

Probably welcome crossbow hunters into their association with open arms :-*

Compounds for the physically capable are freaking ridiculous.  I wish that they are illegal

Advocating for the banning of compounds, already universally legal, because they are too easy.......then advocating for crossbows (which are easier still, and ILLEGAL in most places)  makes no sense whatsoever.

You Fail.

Why are they ridiculous? How about the guys that dont have the time to put into proper practice with their bows, go out into the woods with little to no practice and make a bad shot on a deer, injuring it and letting it die a slow, agonizing death? Wouldnt you rather have them go out into the woods with a weapon they have a better chance of making a clean, efficient kill with?

Im gonna place my bet on no.

More failed logic.  If we extend your reasoning, we would all need to go out into the woods with ...... a gun.

Crossbows do not belong in bow season.

Why are they ridiculous? How about the guys that dont have the time to put into proper practice with their bows, go out into the woods with little to no practice and make a bad shot on a deer, injuring it and letting it die a slow, agonizing death? Wouldnt you rather have them go out into the woods with a weapon they have a better chance of making a clean, efficient kill with?

More failed logic.  If we extend your reasoning, we would all need to go out into the woods with ...... a gun.

No, my logic stays within the lines of archery equipment. When you say "extend" my reasoning, you are really just changing it. Nice try.  ::) Care to actually answer the question rather than dance around it?

Again, my money is on no.

Whether you think they are or not, crossbows are archery equipment. Go check out what FITA and 99 percent of the other archery associations have to say.

No, my logic stays within the lines of archery equipment. When you say "extend" my reasoning, you are really just changing it. Nice try.  ::)

No.  I have extended it.  Even if we accept your premise that you were staying " within the lines of archery equipment," (something that was clearly left unstated,) we can still extend your logic to firearms and end up at the same place, that rifles would replace MZ because they are "a weapon they have a better chance of making a clean, efficient kill  with?"

You must be able to see the parallels to rifles in MZ and crossbows in bowseason....when we extend your reasoning.

You still FAIL.

Care to actually answer the question rather than dance around it?

Your question is irrelevant, and has nothing to do with whether crossbows should be legalized or not.

Whether you think they are or not, crossbows are archery equipment. Go check out what FITA and 99 percent of the other archery associations have to say.

ROFLMAO

99%, huh?  There goes your credibility.

::) Exactly the dance I have come to expect from NYB members. All you have done is dance around questions, change what people say and fling personal attacks.

No,  my logic stays within the lines of archery equipment. When you say  "extend" my reasoning, you are really just changing it. Nice try.  ::)

No.    I have extended it.  Even if we accept your premise that you were  staying " within the lines of archery equipment," (something that was  clearly left unstated,) we can still extend your logic to firearms and  end up at the same place, that rifles would replace MZ because they are  "a weapon they have a better chance of making a clean, efficient kill    with?"

You must be able to see the parallels to rifles in MZ and crossbows in bowseason....when we extend your reasoning.

You still FAIL.

Wrong. I clearly stated previously in the same conversation that I was talking archery equipment. Remember this?

"I say that the real victims here are the ones that you and others deny  the right to hunt with the archery equipment of their choice."

Regardless of that, you are changing the line of reasoning in an attempt to make some sort of justification for your flawed logic. Also, Im not talking parallels in muzzleloaders, Im talking archery equipment.

Care to actually answer the question rather than dance around it?

Your question is irrelevant, and has nothing to do with whether crossbows should be legalized or not.

Wrong again, my question is completely relevant, why wont you answer it? Could it be because you cant without showing the flaws in your logic? Its ok, I already know.  ;)

Whether  you think they are or not, crossbows are archery equipment. Go check  out what FITA and 99 percent of the other archery associations have to  say.

ROFLMAO

99%, huh?  There goes your credibility.

Well, seeing as I dont have the time or capability to say every archery association, I say 99%. Thats no shot to credibility. You want to talk credibility? How about your organization's credibility? Standing shoulder to shoulder with an antihunting organization while protesting crossbows, and advocating an early gun season. Thats just a couple of examples of the hypocrisy brought about by the elitist mentality they hold so dear.

Now, unless you can answer the questions without twisting things around, Im done talking with you.

Wrong. I clearly stated previously in the same conversation that I was talking archery equipment. Remember this?

"I say that the real victims here are the ones that you and others deny  the right to hunt with the archery equipment of their choice."

Regardless of that, you are changing the line of reasoning in an attempt to make some sort of justification for your flawed logic. Also, Im not talking parallels in muzzleloaders, Im talking archery equipment.

So here's the post:

Why are they ridiculous? How about the guys that  dont have the time to put into proper practice with their bows, go out  into the woods with little to no practice and make a bad shot on a deer,  injuring it and letting it die a slow, agonizing death? Wouldnt you  rather have them go out into the woods with a weapon they have a better  chance of making a clean, efficient kill with?

Im gonna place my  bet on no.

There is no specific mention of limiting the weapons upgrade to a crossbow.  Most would consider MZ to be more efficient than crossbows, and rifles more efficient than MZ.

The extension of your logic would be rifles in bowseason.....after all "Wouldnt you  rather have them go out into the woods with a weapon they have a better  chance of making a clean, efficient kill with?"

I'm gonna place my bet on no. :)

And why wouldn't you consider the case of MZ?

I know why....it is damning to many of the pro crossbow talking points and is a CLEAR precedent for excluding a class of weapons even though they share the same method of propulsion.

Talk about twiiting things around. >;)

BTW - check out NABC.  They have a list of bowhunting associations that are oppsed to crossbow inclusion.  Its probably like.......oh, I don't know....99% of the bowhunting organizations. ::)

Posted by: arrowflinger  « on: Today at 07:35:13 am

BTW - check out NABC.  They have a list of bowhunting associations that are oppsed to crossbow inclusion.  Its probably like.......oh, I don't know....99% of the bowhunting organizations. ::)

If this is in fact the case,  why then are crossbow's LEGAL in ALL states Except for Oregon ?

Go look at the "crossbow facts" section on the NABC webpage. http://www.nabowhuntingcoalition.com/BowhuntingIssues.html

What a joke. To make a point, they compare a PSE TAC15 with a Mathews Drenalin. So they are comparing the top of the crossbow speed race with a discontinued, high-mid level bow. Apples and Oranges. Their credibility is squat, and they are on the same level as NYB, which isnt saying much.

BTW, I was talking about major archery associations classifying crossbows as archery equipment. I was not talking about anti-crossbow organizations that dont want full inclusion.

Like I said, you are a liar.

Maybe this is what they are afraid of:

3.  Crossbows legalized for use during archery season could more than double the number of hunters participating in the archery-only deer hunt, according to studies conducted by the Ohio and Arkansas game departments (3).  If your state has 400,000 licensed firearms hunters, 160,000 of them may migrate to archery season if crossbows are legalized, according to the Tonkovitch study.  Over crowding of public hunting areas could result diminishing the quality of the hunting experience. 

Taken from : http://www.nabowhuntingcoalition.com/BowhuntingIssues.html 

Copied from the pdf 

I hunt Ohio with my crossbow, and  it is VERY rarely if ever, that I see ANY other hunters while I am afield !

So far.. Arrowflinger has answered none of the simple questions asked of him.. all he has offered is contradictions based on personal opinion..

I still want to hear how someone hunting with a crossbow during bow season will somehow affect his bowhunting experience

So far.. Arrowflinger has answered none of the simple questions asked of him.. all he has offered is contradictions based on personal opinion..

I still want to hear how someone hunting with a crossbow during bow season will somehow affect his bowhunting experience

He is afraid of the added competition!

you might wanna change yer name from "arrow flinger" to "Turd Slinger". ???

Well arrowslinger, all i can tell is your afraid of more hunters entering archery season if crossbows are allowed... Beyond that bows and crossbows are both effective at killing game.. perhap you want a seperate season for longbow.recurve,compound bow,crossbow,flintlock,percussion muzzleloader,smoothbore muzzleloader,rifle,shotgunand pistol. They are both archery equipment and thus both belong in an archery season..