Deer sausages around Rochester, NY area?

Core

I have a bunch of two month old frozen deer burger that is proving difficult for much of the family to eat (the non-burger is fine!) despite trying various recipes. But, I'm extremely hopeful that in sausage form we'll be able to crank this stuff down.

The guy I processed with didn't do sausages, so I'm hoping somewhere can take my frozen meat, make some, and then I can refreeze. Where around Rochester NY could do this? I'm not up for trying it myself (yet).

Thanks!

Apparently I missed this guy by four days, dang! http://www.costanzasausage.com/venison.htm

If you have a grinder, its really not hard to mix the meat with ground pork shoulder by hand and do sausage patties.  Trust me, my family members that claim not to like venison, love the Italian and breakfast sausage.  Assuming you have less than 20lbs, its a 2-3 hour job. 

Have you tried using the burger in tacos or chili?  Also pretty good if mixed with 1/4 ground bacon (my kids love these burgers).

To your original question, I have no idea.  Costanzas is the only one I have used.

• Like 3

Charlie's in Webster. He makes great sausage.

585-944-5446

Hmm, that's where I got the stuff processed back in November but he said he didn't make sausages! Maybe I didn't ask the right question...? This is the same uncle charlie he has a metal building behind his house and a whack of skull caps over the door, right?

I just called costanza and I didn't understand their website properly: Jan 16 is the cut off for "frozen" sausage, but she said I can bring in frozen burger, they will make smoked sausages, and I can freeze those .Going to give it a shot.

I have tried chilli--and I like it fine. I am also going to try burger with 80/20 ground beef mixed in as spaghetti sauce tonight but my wife is about to just say no to all of it, but she has showed hope that sausage would work.

I don't have a grinder... or any cooking/culinary skills whatsoever. I can bake cookies and use a bread making machine, that's about it.

• Like 1

Costanza's meat sticks (Slim Jims) are to die for! Like Phade mentioned, the rule of thumb for their processing is ~$8/lb and you provide the venison. Have had different varieties of their prepared venison hot dogs, but would rather have Zweigles at $1/2. 

• Like 1

I have a bunch of two month old frozen deer burger that is proving difficult for much of the family to eat (the non-burger is fine!) despite trying various recipes.

I'm not quite getting that statement.....is it you have Too much of it and it's getting redundant as a main course, or they can't handle the flavor?

Ive been gong to Costanzas since Tony worked out of his garage off Bay road . This year I dropped close to $300 on his products . Uncle Charlie is a friend of mine as well, we go back to when he owned the grocery store at what Central Park and Scio ?

He would open carry his .357 in the store, like he was this year cutting deer after another friend and local business owner was held up in his driveway on Lake rd.

I've had a lot of products made buy others at cheaper prices, and I gladly pay Tony for his .

• 2 months later...

I had it butchered at uncle Charlie.

Finally today my meat was ready, got $180 worth of product (!!). That is because the pepperoni stuff is crazy expensive.

Anyway, I haven't tried the kielbasa yet but the pepperoni is amazing and the slim sticks are also. Even my kids are honking down on the smoked stuff. Kielbasa are very nicely vacuum packaged.

Super happy so far, which I had brought them the rest of my burger.