Proposed Changes for 2016

CFHunter

I have taken does with Crop Damage Permits in the summertime when it has been 80+ degrees with no problem and no spoilage .

$10 to apply for the anterless tags could really place a financial burden on a person after spending a few grand on guns , archery equipment , scopes , clothes , and a camp . 

What incentive would it be to shoot a doe if you have to pay for it when you get 2 buck tags?

I would still rather shoot a doe in 40-50 degree weather than 70*.

Gee , 2 doe tags for $10 . That would really put someone in the Poor House ! 

Boycott the 1st 2 weeks of archery ...........

We don't have to pay $10 per each tag yet but I for myself would spend/pay for each tag.$10 will only get you a gal of milk and loaf of bread so ten bucks for about 80lbs of mountain beef is a great pay out.

• Like 1

I look at charging anything for doe permit applications in a different way. I don't really care whether it is an easy expenditure for me? That really isn't even an relevant issue. The fact is that the government has proven over and over that the way to modify individual behavior is to tax it. It really doesn't matter how much. Just the fact that they have in fact taxed doe hunting in any amount will have the effect of diminishing the activity. It is an example of the DEC talking out of both sides of their mouths by trying to convince us that not enough does are being taken while taxing the activity at the same time.

This is a shorten version of the input letter I sent to the DEC.
1: mandatory reporting on all tags weather it’s used or unused for three years. With the penalty for not reporting a tag being lost of that privilege for the next year and you don’t find out till after you paid for that tag. This plan would do 2 things. It would validate the DEC modeling plan for the deer harvest and double the reporting rate.
2: no antler restrictions without a vote of hunters at the time of licenses purchase and a hunter can put his vote to the WMU he hunts in it doesn’t have to go in the WMU he lives.
3: keep the 2 buck limit but you have to turn in your first tag to get the second tag and that tag has up to a 4pt on one side minimum 
4: even though I don’t use one make the use of cross – bows legal though the whole bow season.
5: extend the late bow season in the southern zone to the first Wednesday after New Years
This is not in order of preference. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Mandatory reporting on all tags used or I unused . No . I pay extra for dmp's on top of my license fee . That already overboard. I call my tags in when I fill them. If I don't use them I throw out at the end of the season . Full use of crossbow waiting for that before I buy a good one. Only time on that .

• Like 1

Mandatory reporting on all tags used or I unused . No . I pay extra for dmp's on top of my license fee . That already overboard. I call my tags in when I fill them. If I don't use them I throw out at the end of the season . Full use of crossbow waiting for that before I buy a good one. Only time on that .

You pay extra for DMP's, so you feel you don't need to help the DEC understand how many deer were actually harvested? Real good logic there.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

1: mandatory reporting on all tags weather it’s used or unused for three years. With the penalty for not reporting a tag being lost of that privilege for the next year and you don’t find out till after you paid for that tag. This plan would do 2 things. It would validate the DEC modeling plan for the deer harvest and double the reporting rate.

2: no antler restrictions without a vote of hunters at the time of licenses purchase and a hunter can put his vote to the WMU he hunts in it doesn’t have to go in the WMU he lives.

3: keep the 2 buck limit but you have to turn in your first tag to get the second tag and that tag has up to a 4pt on one side minimum 

4: even though I don’t use one make the use of cross – bows legal though the whole bow season.

5: extend the late bow season in the southern zone to the first Wednesday after New Years

Some good thoughts here.

I hate antler restrictions personally but not a bad list at all

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006

No late season hunting. Antler drop on some bucks. Does bred. If you cant get it done by Dec 1st in the North and end of Dec in the South you probably are not going to get it done.

It's managed to work in PA for many years and is even later than what is proposed here.

• Like 1

me. I have little faith it'll do anything though.

But we still have to try. I can't in all good conscience whine about issues here on a forum and then not even participate in the when asked to offer up a simple opinion when they have solicited it. Somehow that doesn't sit too well with me. I can't really make a judgment on whether any of it will be paid attention to or not. But I sure do know that my opinion will definitely be disregarded if I don't offer it.

can't in all good conscience whine about issues here on a forum and then not even participate

You mean like Papist and VJP?

Members can think what they want about my stance on crossbows, but I wrote letters and sent my money to NYB. I did more than just post links from websites. Hope we all do the same with regards to the doe only nonsense.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

You mean like Papist and VJP?

Honestly, I really don't have any idea of what kinds of activism those guys get involved with. For all I know they may each be high ranking officials in some militia group ..... lol.

No seriously, I have my own beliefs as to how much time and money I should devote to activism. And everybody has to establish those numbers for themselves. I do what I can, and others do what they can, I assume. But this sampling of hunter's opinions on a handful of issues really is not all that time consuming. It's a small enough thing to do on something that I feel very strong about. And I do hope that others will offer their opinions to the DEC. They can do what they want with the input, but at least they can't say I didn't tell them what I was thinking.

• Like 1

Honestly, I really don't have any idea of what kinds of activism those guys get involved with. For all I know they may each be high ranking officials in some militia group ..... lol.

No seriously, I have my own beliefs as to how much time and money I should devote to activism. And everybody has to establish those numbers for themselves. I do what I can, and others do what they can, I assume. But this sampling of hunter's opinions on a handful of issues really is not all that time consuming. It's a small enough thing to do on something that I feel very strong about. And I do hope that others will offer their opinions to the DEC. They can do what they want with the input, but at least they can't say I didn't tell them what I was thinking.

Just sucks that their track record shows that this is only a feel good thing the DEC does for sportsmen. Their ideas were put in motion long ago and nothing but a small miracle would change their plan.