First Job ?

GreeneHunter

It's funny you mentioned this.My Dad would give myself 2 dollars for spending money at camp if I caught him enough worms for the trip.These days Crawlers are around 3 per dozen +tax.

Yes. Back then worms were 25¢ a dozen. My neighbor always boasted he'd get two extra worms buying through me and those two worms were the ones that always caught fish.

Since u guys are from that area. My grandfathers family owned and ran for many years the feed/general store on penora street which is now penora pizza I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get food from Penora pizza  all the time!  Don't remember as a general store, maybe before my time?

We get food from Penora pizza all the time! Don't remember as a general store, maybe before my time?

Yea, before it was a pizza place it was owned by my relatives who ran the store and lived in the house right next to it. If I had to guess I would say they sold it to the pizza guys in the 1970s?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Yea, before it was a pizza place it was owned by my relatives who ran the store and lived in the house right next to it. If I had to guess I would say they sold it to the pizza guys in the 1970s?

Remember the pet store across the street on the corner ? Tropical Reef. Got a parakeet there when I was a kid. Good Tilmes South across the street currently has killer burgers , hand cut fries and other corner is Little Margies has stellar fish frys.

Remember the pet store across the street on the corner ? Tropical Reef. Got a parakeet there when I was a kid. Good Tilmes South across the street currently has killer burgers , hand cut fries and other corner is Little Margies has stellar fish frys.

Not really. I was born in 84 so I don't remember much when I used to go up there as a kid in the summer for a week or so. I remember going to fish fries at some veterans type place. My great uncle (my grandpas brother) who lived there was a prisoner of war.