Does This Seem Lopsided To Anyone But Me?

DirtTime

The thing that jumped out for me was the confiscated muzzleloaders which the felon apparently was using for poaching. The more relaxed rules that the black powder community has for purchasing and owning that type of equipment is based quite a bit on the premise that nobody ever commits any crime with those sorts of weapons. I would not be surprised that there will be some legislator that will see this and try starting a push for  some tighter regs.

Al

Edited by airedale

My son was fined more for two speeding tickets then the second guy was fined for jacking deer and illegally possessing a weapon. WTF??

no gun owner should be against improving our gun penalties for illegal possession. it's illegal guns that give us all a bad name. Traffic penalties are high for 2 reason. The politicians will tell you it's because of how many deaths occur in autos, and that's true. But mostly, they're a huge revenue source.

• Like 1

The thing that seems wrong to me is that the penalties were not more stiff for either of them.

BTW, why would an ex-felon not be afraid of jail?

confused about your "not afraid of jail statement". Whether I've been or not, I sure enjoy my freedom.

What I meant was seeing that IF he does do time it will be like 15 days, if you are a felon that shouldn't really bother you. Drop in the bucket.

I agree the fines should have been higher. 

Edited by ....rob

no gun owner should be against improving our gun penalties for illegal possession. it's illegal guns that give us all a bad name. Traffic penalties are high for 2 reason. The politicians will tell you it's because of how many deaths occur in autos, and that's true. But mostly, they're a huge revenue source.

I agree..Traffic violations are 90% all about revenue.

What I meant was seeing that IF he does do time it will be like 15 days, if you are a felon that shouldn't really bother you. Drop in the bucket.

I agree the fines should have been higher. 

A felon with a firearms charge, I would think (hope) the poaching penalty would be the least of his worries. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1