Looking for estate sale type buyers

I am in a position that I need to sell many of my guns and would like to sell a bulk lot to an FFL dealer rather than have to try to sell them individually and pay all the associated listing, commission and transfer fees separately.

Do any of you know of dealers in the central NY area that purchase estate sale type lots? about 10-15 firearms.  And NO i am not a dealer, just a little down on my luck.

Yes, I know I could make more selling them individually, but I do not have the ability to do so without losing a comparable amount of money.

thank for any leads you guy/gals can provide.

Not in CNY but I did well with Davis Sports in Goshen. They got more than I thought I could so the 20% was not too painful and that included internet fees if they sold on Gunbroker and ffl fees for shipping.845 651 7000. 1230 Pulaski Hwy, Florida NY 10921. This was not fast and did not involve them buying the guns up front. Good luck. BTW if you want someone to buy them all up front they will probably offer less than 50% than they're worth. Just so you know Gunbroker fees are not that steep and the buyer pays shipping you pay the ffl fee which I have paid less than $30 with a different guy near you. You might put the most valuable on here and see if you get a fast deal and meet at the ffl to do the transfer which I think is $10 and I would think the buyer would pay that. I think you can do a 3 day auction on gunbroker and you get the money including shipping before you send the item. You can set this up with a reserve price but if the alternative is being ripped off by a gun store I would not worry.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

I'll make a few calls to gun shops, but I think my best bet would be to put the more expensive and rare guns on Gunbroker or Guns International and try to sell all the really worn or more common ones in a bulk lot.

I've got to pull some scopes first as most are worth 3-4 times the price of the guns they are on.

thanks for the good wishes.

Jaeger

P.s., yes I did get your pm's yesterday and thank you.  Overloaded with business matters so I couldn't respond to all of them individually, but I did read them and thank you.

I would suggest Hessney Auction (located in Geneva NY) also. They will either purchase your guns outright or sell at their auction. I've sold a few guns at their auction. Usually have a check in hand a within week after the auction. I've been satisfied with the amounts that I've gotten from the guns that I've sold through them.

They have another gun auction coming up on April 23rd, but if you the cash sooner, they will buy outright. http://hessney.com/auctions/?az_feed_pos=www.auctionzip.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fauctionview.cgi%3Flid%3D2657000%26feed%3D129%26group%3D0%26state%3D%26kwd%3D%26zip%3D%26category%3D0%26nojava%3D0

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1