Three calibers for the world

If your talking availability of ammo and possible taking of any and all game then you need nato rounds ....the 1st gun would be 30-06, .223, and .308, all military rounds..

That was my thought as well. Only reason I opted for the 22 lr over the 308 was the ability for small game, ability to easily pack thousands of rounds and having the ability to fire shot out of it

Brno zkw 465 in .22hornet, Custom mauser in 7x57 and Win. 70 classic stainless w/interchangable recoil pads in .375 H&H.

The op was what 3 rifles, if shotguns were to be included I'd keep my win model 24 16ga.

Have the same old book by the way.

Edited by Jaeger

.22LR, 223 and 30-06

pssssst...."rifles"

faults on me for shotgun comments.  didn't pick up is was about just rifles.  in that case it'd definitely be sporting what you said, replacing the 12ga with a 223.  lots of ammo out there and there's a lot of smaller game out there.  just look at all the crazy critters jim shockey and others hunt in 3rd world countries.  can't imagine shooting something less than 50lbs like a steenbok, oribi, klipspringer, duikers, any grysboks, any pygmy antelopes, capybara, or nutria with a 30-06.  I'm sure there's lots of others the same size out there too.  wouldn't want to limit myself.

• 1 month later...