Browning cams

The 2016 Strike Force Elite is getting some rave reviews. I want to buy one but try to steer away from red flash when I can.

Black Flash models - some people complain about the night pic quality, but some people love them just as is.

Browning IMO is on the way to leading the commercial cam pack - not saying they are perfect, but they're definitely working their way up.

• Like 1

I love mine, awesome photos, day and night. Only a very few night pics have been bad. Bought back in September of 2015, has taken tens of thousands of photos already( no lie) between last fall, winter and this spring for turkey season. I just bought a 2nd cam that arrived this week. Cant wait to put it out.

BTW both of these cams are the BTC-5HD Strike Force  

It is my favorite out of my bundell of cams!

I have one, its a black flash model. I would say the night time pics and videos are ok. You arent going to win any photo contests with them, but they are more than adequate for normal trailcam purposes. Daytime pics are really nice. Mine has alot of good features and does pretty good with battery life.

I've had the Browning Dark OP's for a while now and really like it. I just picked up another on sale at Midway USA:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/396972/browning-dark-ops-hd-black-flash-game-camera-camo

They have outstanding video quality and I recommenced setting it up for video mode.

I didn't realize what I was missing out on until I set it to video mode. 

• Like 1

The strike force elite is getting rave reviews.

That is a 2016 model. The btc5hd is also good, but people are saying the new one is an illumination adjusting pic taking machine.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that cam were black flash. The dark ops hasn't historically reflected the same degree of nighttime performance in a black flash version.

Black flash is more difficult to work with, but the gap is just too far for me. The strike force is quite the cam.

Phade , trail camera pro offers a 2 year warranty , have you dealt with them before?

Roto , now thats a sweet buck.....

I almost got the 2 , 2015 versions for $209.00 but opted for the 2016 version .

• Like 1

Phade , trail camera pro offers a 2 year warranty , have you dealt with them before?

Roto , now thats a sweet buck.....

I almost got the 2 , 2015 versions for $209.00 but opted for the 2016 version .

TCP is reputable for selling a cam and providing the warranty.

Part of my concerns with them is that they try to state they are objective with their reviews but yet sell cams. That's a hard thing to accomplish - don't know many people who have done that. I've seen a few situations where I believe their reviews were tweaked here and there while pushing certain cam brands/families. It took two years for them to acknowledge the poor audio on the Primos cams, even after considerable feedback from lots of people.

Both the 15 and 16 are going to be solid performers. 15 gets a little motion blur in very specific scenarios, but the 16 seems to be a champ at nighttime pics. I own a 15 and have no qualms other than its red IR.

I just found the TCP web site before ordering while searching for reviews . Cabelas , Bass Pro and Gander didn't have any reviews just yet .. One nice thing along with the warranty was that it comes with a 8gig card, that has to be at least a $15.00 value I would think.

I have been a moultrie fan for years , I do a fair  evaluation once I get it. 

I just found the TCP web site before ordering while searching for reviews . Cabelas , Bass Pro and Gander didn't have any reviews just yet .. One nice thing along with the warranty was that it comes with a 8gig card, that has to be at least a $15.00 value I would think.

I have been a moultrie fan for years , I do a fair  evaluation once I get it. 

$3-4 bucks for the card.

32GB cards can be had for $8-12 most times nowadays, which if you run video in that cam, you'll want to get because of the file size.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , a quick honest review.

I've been using this camera in the backyard for over a week , it takes great day time pics and very impressive night pics. The only thing that is taking me awhile to get use to is : after placing the camera out in the woods , when you walk back up to it the next day to see how many pics were taken and or battery life the display is gone. I thought this was an issue so I called trail camera pro and they said its a feature of the camera to conserve battery life. So what I needed to do was shut the camera down ,wait a couple minutes then turn it back on to see how many pics were taken and or battery life. I will admit it took a bit to get use to but understand the principle behind it .

I do think it takes better pics then my moultrie 880's and 990's both version 1 and 2 .

This was the first time dealing with trail camera pro , but they have me as a customer now. Customer service and response time was terrific .

It depends on whether the camera is taking a pic or not. If it is after a delay has started - ie it took a pic of you walking up, a single light tap of the button will light up the display.

If not, the cam is in "sleep" mode which was disastrous 5 years ago when Moultrie pushed it hard - it crushed trigger performance. Same people who made that system are at Browning now, but they've "ironed out" the kinks and works well.

If you are interested, I do have a 2015 Strike Force HD that I'd be willing sell for $85. I really like the cam but I am moving back to blackflash as much as I can and also moving more toward cell/data cams. It has about 3 mos. of in-field use.

Phade, I am interested if you still have the cam in a few weeks or so. I have the last of my Wedding expenses to pay off before i purchase another "under the radar" cam.. lol. I have bought 4 that she is un aware of this winter. and food plot seed has got to be squeezed in as well..