Live from the turkey woods 2016

turkeyfeathers

It does stink unloading vest, stacking calls, looking to a dedicated gun waiting on spring again.

But, Deer season is coming turkeyfeathers. Plus a lot of other good stuff in between.

Thank God we do the outdoors, always a next season coming

• Like 4

I am sure many NY hunters have taken a tom with 1 3/4" spurs---probably no big deal.

Ummnn...seriously?  The number of 1 3/4" spurs taken in NY is no doubt lower than the numbers of true 25 lb birds and 12" beards taken. You hear about them but never see the evidence to back up the claims. I have seen well over 100 dead longbeards from around by area over my 22 year hunting career and only one bird taken by my uncle in 2010 has hit the 1.5" mark (one was 1 5/8)...

027e.jpg

Congrats, you killed what is equivalent to a 200+ inch buck!!!

Going to have my niece take pics of those spurs from her smartphone and she will figure out how to upload a few pics here. If the site is like Facebook-- she should have no problem.   Going to her place tomorrow. I don't want anyones money here--it leads to bad feelings in the turkey hunting community. I am sure many NY hunters have taken a tom with 1 3/4" spurs---probably no big deal. She will try to upload tomorrow. 4 or 5 pics with me measuring each one.  I want the pics up too as one member here thinks I do not hunt at all --just a blogger.  If, she can't get them up tomorrow-- I might contact Bowguy 1.

Its extremely easy to post pics through tapatalk. If you want you can send the pics to me and I can upload it for you or tell you how to upload it through tapatalk. I'm not challenging your claim to have gotten a bird with 1 3/4" spurs, I just want to see them myself. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Our dekes
Someone had to borrow my fleece. It was 36 degrees when we left the woods
Crossing the Wiscoy as she has ballet
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You know that's a huge field of ramps your daughter is standing in... those things are very valuable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk