Sea robins

Chef

Nor have I   Good eating ? Let me rephrase that. Would most people enjoy eating them ? As some of you oddballs on here eat anything !!!

I've been told they're very good to eat, but I haven't brought my self to trying one yet. I know that sea robins which are called gurnards in England are very highly valued over there. Maybe one day ill keep one and find out for my self. I heard they have Y bones so those are going to be a pain to fillet out. 

BTW that is one big robin! How long was he? 

Edited by ATbuckhunter

Sea robins are actually kind of pretty in a grotesque way.

I never tried to eat one.

Some of those sculpin type fish are pretty ugly.

Last September fishing near Wilmington, NC I caught a big sculpin that my host called a " mother-in-law" fish..

He calls 'em that because they have a big mouth and are ugly as hell !

• Like 4

I have an uncle on long Island. I get down there every couple years and we usually go out on a party boat. You think they are ugly you should hear them. They bark like a dog when they hit the surface out of the water. Fun to catch, but we never kept them.

I've heard the tails are very good, kinda taste like lobster. On the other hand the spines on their back have a poison in them and can be very painful if you get stuck. For that reason i have never bothered to keep one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea robins are actually kind of pretty in a grotesque way.

I never tried to eat one.

Some of those sculpin type fish are pretty ugly.

Last September fishing near Wilmington, NC I caught a big sculpin that my host called a " mother-in-law" fish..

He calls 'em that because they have a big mouth and are ugly as hell !

LMAO I was fishing is Charleston SC last summer and the guy there called them that too

.ugly ugly fish pic of my cousin with one he caught 81f2c664608b97115fad45ba1a9f8d00.jpg

I've heard the tails are very good, kinda taste like lobster. On the other hand the spines on their back have a poison in them and can be very painful if you get stuck. For that reason i have never bothered to keep one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nor have I   Good eating ? Let me rephrase that. Would most people enjoy eating them ? As some of you oddballs on here eat anything !!!

Most people throw them back. They are very good to eat though.