keggling

bubba

We did an Sr/Jr Handicap league this summer & took 1st.

I hadnt bowled a league in 20 years. I started with a 132 Avg, and finished with 131.. Still trying to get that hook to work..

My daughter, on the other hand is the real deal. She bowls for her high school since 7th grade, and is carrying a 210 this season.

We'll be making the trip to Syracuse this year for the HS bowling championships.

I started bowling once a week several months ago. No league or anything, just open bowling. Man am I lousy at it. I don't really seem to be improving at all and each week it looks like I had never picked up a bowling ball in my life. Zero consistancy and crappy scores. There's no damn sight on the thing to aim with.

By the way, just to add insult to injury, my wife started at the same time and has been slaughtering me. She has a natural talent for bowling and keeps getting better every week. She has been averaging in the 140's and occasionally gets a few 180's. meanwhile I'm happy as hell if I break 120.  ::) 

But it's still fun. I just like throwing things at something and watching the stuff fall down. ;D    Ha-ha, it's just another new trick I'm trying to teach this old dog ......

ty on my team I am second lowest average.  However that can hurt when you hve tqo guys with 200 averages and they have a bad night. We get as of last week 31 pins handicap a week. If you arent on, you are not going to win.  We are in 6th place now.  4 out of 5 are lefties to include me. 

Hey bubba,

I've been bowling since I was 4 and now I am 47. I carry a 215 ave this year and my highest is 231. I to am a lefty. I rather bowl in tournaments and travel which I do. I to have fun in leagues and might have one drink. I have met so many nice people bowling. If you get a chance to travel somewhere then do,its a lot of fun...Godd luck and keep having fun...Marty

Not in a long time. I think I have bowled 2 times just with the kids in the past 15 years. Before that I grew up bowling. Bowled in tourneys and a couple leagues a week, state champs, averaged in the low 200's. Bowled a 300. Just think I did so much as a kid I got burned out. I also worked in a bowling ally in the mid to late 80's as my step father was a Brunswick mechanic.