Nature's way

G-Man

I'd like the photo, but i really don't like it.

I have similar photos from the end of may, of 3 coyotes running a couple of doe hard, my guess was they were chasing a fawn near by. And the doe's were trying to stand there ground. Their tongues were hanging right out of their mouths..  

Pretty cool catch!

They are extremely vulnerable out in the wide open like that.

I've yet to see a doe bring a fawn to the field to feed while I've been there this spring/summer. I think they know better by now!

I am not understanding this...how many times have I read here that they don't pack up???...What constitutes a pack?

I have trail cam pics of 4-5 (if I remember correctly) running together in the middle of winter. A buddy of mine has seen a few running together while he was deer hunting before. Mostly though, I see them in singles or pairs.

As far as the OP, that's quite a catch, and nature's way for sure.... 

They are out feeding their pups now .. cam is on friends place he has problem with them, I don't have a problem with them here (about 2.5 miles from me. I'm lucky if I get 1 coyote on cam all fall.. but, my neighbor and I get after them and with friends thay trap amd call they don't last by me. He doesn't let people on his property and has problems.. management is hard and you need help, allowing a trapper or other hunters is a useful tool that many will not use as they are to worried someone will get their deer or come back and poach the deer they see

. I haven't had that problem and have had them kick others off while they are trapping or predator hunting.. they respect me for allowing them the access to begin with and though we started as strangers we have become friends...

• Like 1

About 5 years ago on opening day of firearms , I witnessed a coyote chasing a turkey . I watched for about 5 minutes as the yote forced the turkey to flap its wings and land on top of a small bush . The turkey was too heavy and would fall through the bush to the ground, the coyote appeared to be everywhere as each time the turkey would flap again to gain altitude. I ended it with a shot at the yote. Unfortunately a whiff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost hit a tiny fawn, with my truck, yesterday afternoon. It jumped out of the tall grass, on my right side, onto the shoulder of the road. I hit the brakes and it turned and jumped back into the tall stuff. It was running in circles, but I didn't see anything chasing it. Never saw mom either. I finally lost it in the tall grass. Something had it spooked.