Rain...

So glad I took care of all that this weekend...just the lane way to do ,one woods plot and a little over seeding..Oh the clover plot in front of my blind...6 yrs old and to far gone...turnips and replanting in the spring...waiting for round up to work then a liming/fertilizing and discing...

11-4-15 8pt infront of blind.JPG

• Like 1

OK this is nuts!...I was working the garden at 8am . when the sprinkles and thunder hit...It was a while after we got the rain... I just got back from the garden again in a down pour...my "opening " wasn't as big as I thought.... Well this a.m. my fall planting wasn't up yet(garden) I go over after this rain,all the beans in 2 rows are up...the broccoli,all the cukes and most of the spinach are all up...lettuce not yet...the clover in between the planted rows and the one tilled area for next year sprouted. Now the plot/garden...the plot plants not browsed now knee high??? and the pumpkins acorn and melons that had 1 ft runners now have 2 ft runners and opened flowers ???? I was just weeding there this morning! Hows that even possible!!

So glad I took care of all that this weekend...just the lane way to do ,one woods plot and a little over seeding..Oh the clover plot in front of my blind...6 yrs old and to far gone...turnips and replanting in the spring...waiting for round up to work then a liming/fertilizing and discing...

11-4-15 8pt infront of blind.JPG

Hard horns already ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz, my sister from Farmingville on the island said it's been hotter than blue blazes out your way

Yea I love it. Been 90+ everyday for a while. Perfect for golf and pool parties every weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The rain gauge near our farms shows .65" today. I hope it will be enough to get some moisture in the soil for this weekend. The forecast shows rain at the end of the week too.

Looking at the current radar, I think the "Farm" is in line for another hit.  :)

We definitely got a good soaking on the Erie/Niagara county line today, with the last heavy downpour ending about 30 minutes ago and the gauge showing just under 2" total over the last 12 hours.   Just in the nick of time, as my field corn is just beginning to tassle but was looking as thirsty as I ever seen corn.  Now with the sun peaking out a bit you can almost see it grow.   I am going to try and plant turnips tomorrow or Wed if it is not dry enough.  Winter wheat/soybean/white clover mix will get planted around August 15.  I was not going to bother with any more planting until the drought ended but it looks like a safe bet now.  I thank Jesus for this rain which will surely put some meat in the freezer this fall.  He always comes thru when I need him. 

Edited by wolc123
correction/addition

No chef look at date at bottom...it was showing the 6 yr old clover plot I'm converting to turnips soon. Just a reference pic.

I thought you had a freak of nature on your hands

Southern Ontario County

I got out there and started spreading lime/fert as soon as the rain ended today.  Thank god I have some time this week and thank god I was able to work most of my fields earlier this spring.  I am so behind because of lack of rain.  But we had a lot of rain today from about daybreak to 3 PM.

Ammendments and tilling should be done in a couple of days and if we get more rain this weekend then the brassicas are going in.  And then pray for a wetter August.  :clapping:

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1