Bears

Anyone else getting much bear action on camera? I just pulled a card last night and found a momma and cub on my cam! The cam was actually almost torn off the tree too...my cable lock kept it on there but pics make it look like the cub tore up the strap and was messing around with it. Here's a few pics I thought were cool!

95a38258b2fddfc15588b3bff97a7025.jpg

56ac7dc16b012e65e1a98a2c60d35f46.jpg

c0ada3e197786a78122b7dbb8a70d2bb.jpg

88c5027f82f979a6d52e909732aa1461.jpg

1a2868750cfb1fec91382af9cdd1306b.jpg

5678accba0a1c86bb13b46cbd2f46e14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

is that Albany county??? I hunt in Selkirk a lot and have heard of a few people seeing bear in their backyards. I don't have any cams on that property and I've never seen one there but I hear their around

Ya I'm in Albany county. Just barely. Greene county is just a half mile down the road. I too have heard of a lot of bears around

That's cool stuff right there! I was hoping to get a pic of mine standing like that but no luck yet.

I will say I am now a little worried about my kids playing around outside with a cub around and momma in tow. I don't think there will be a encounter as they are supervised 99.9% of the time....but kids are kids and do slip out of your eye sight on those dang powerwheels down the trail into the woods for a minute before your running down after them. Hopefully the Bears keep their distance from the house. We shall find out!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just moving into the area I have heard a few people say there's a pretty good amount of black bears as well. The park owners and friend of ours mother lives right up the road in Ravena have said they come into their backyards. Nice to see some pics from the area.

54ce5ec02c12c154160bc3005673c158.jpg
3b99f603aa3a336b5aeb989b81b73087.jpg

Well it looks like I have a momma and cub and I'm guessing this is the male. I have quite a few pics of him and there's no cub to be found on any pics. He looks bigger too. I really hope to see this big boy wandering around this fall!!

• Like 2