Pay more for bow permit

the blur

Maintaining pointless complex fee structures that do absolutely nothing are kind of silly too. Especially when we don't even have a clue what the charges are for. I've got an idea. Since everybody doesn't mind the government's hands in your wallet, why don't you all just send me $15 or $20. I'll put it to good use ......... Trust me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maintaining pointless complex fee structures that do absolutely nothing are kind of silly too. Especially when we don't even have a clue what the charges are for. I've got an idea. Since everybody doesn't mind the government's hands in your wallet, why don't you all just send me $15 or $20. I'll put it to good use ......... Trust me.

For that money do we get to hunt your land to get the extra deer? Or will you stand up in court and say "Yep, those silly jackasses sent me money, and then killed an legal deer!"? LOL

Here is something to think about , if everyone that wants a 1 buck rule gets it passed, are they going to do away with the fee for bow and muzzleloader priveledge? I dont mind paying for the extra tag but if they are taking it away they will be just charging you to hunt... and possably give up your whole bow and gun season in 1day...

True, you pay to hunt early and late seasons. But, you cannot use the either sex tag for bow or ML in the regular seasons. So, you really pay to have the extra tag as well. 

Also not true. Some areas permit the use of your regular season buck tag to be used as either sex starting Oct 1st using the bow.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:52 PM, ....rob said:

For that money do we get to hunt your land to get the extra deer? Or will you stand up in court and say "Yep, those silly jackasses sent me money, and then killed an legal deer!"? LOL

No, you get no free permissions to private land, just like the DEC doesn't offer you permission to private land. No guarantees at all. Not even a thank-you. But since that amount of money is insignificant, I'm just making it known that I will gladly take it.

• Like 1

On August 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM, philoshop said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that hunting licenses in parts of Europe were around $600 a year, and then you had to pay landowners for access to their property, and a fee just to own a firearm on top of that. Complaining about a $15 or $20 dollar fee, no matter where the money goes, seems kind of silly.

Vote wisely.

This. Some countries don't even allow bowhunting at all. I consider myself happy for what I get for my money here.

On 8/11/2016 at 4:44 PM, shawnhu said:

This isn't exactly true. You pay an extra fee to hunt during the early bow season, but you can always hunt with a bow during the regular season for free.

Also, in some areas, regular season is actually, also early season. So you'll be able to hunt Oct first with the bow, at no extra charge.

and if you don't muzzleload hunt, you get an extra 10 days post regular season as well.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to indicate you all were complaining.  Just find it funny when someone gets upset or perhaps surprised that they have to pay a little extra for such a great value.

Guess some people just have an aversion to paying a gov't. entity state or otherwise anything when they spend 10x that for gear.

Unfortunately, hunting like driving in this state is a privilege not a right.  So, yes we have to pay to play.

On 8/11/2016 at 5:47 PM, Doc said:

I've always believed that if enough people stood in front of their homes and hit themselves in the head with a hammer that NYS would make you get a permit to do it.

On 8/11/2016 at 5:38 PM, philoshop said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that hunting licenses in parts of Europe were around $600 a year, and then you had to pay landowners for access to their property, and a fee just to own a firearm on top of that. Complaining about a $15 or $20 dollar fee, no matter where the money goes, seems kind of silly.

Vote wisely.

Wow, this seems SUPER terrible:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/gunstories/mandated-shots-hunting-in-germany-is-a-different-game-/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core said:

Yes game in Europe is owned by the landowner.  Professional.hunters have to submit a plan for population control on that land and pay if they fail to do what is promised. And can lose their lease.  

We do not own the game they belong to the state. But they are asking use to do a job, when we boycott or do not do our management part we aren't fined, they simply find another way to remove the excess animals.... 

A little off topic but just looking over my tags I forgot to get my turkey tags. LOL. I have until May for that.

The cost for our tags isn't that bad for everything. How much meat can you buy for around $100 these days? I spent $40 to be able to take 4 deer, rabbits, squirrel, etc. I will have to add $10 to that for my turkey tags making it $57. If I was able to take just one good size doe, it will have paid for itself.