Consistency vs inconsistency

eagle rider

Irony is a double edged sword I suppose. About a week ago I tried to post a PG rated Obama political joke which I later found out was taken off the site by the moderator I believe. So nobody saw a joke that didn't contain one curse but did describe an act between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky. I wrote to the moderator about this and got no answer back.

On Tapatalk app today under what's trending on huntingny.com are posts with curse and vulgar language and pics of Hillary morphed with Adolf Hitler and worse. Yet that is okay to post. Somehow..... Amazing. I don't get big brother watching adults at all, but if he is a bit more consistency would be appreciated. Just sayin.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is more then one moderator that can mess with your posts.  Anyone of them can do it without the rest even knowing about it.

Last time they censored a post by moving it to the political forum, they simply said if you don't like it you can leave.  It's their ball and they can take it and go home anytime they like.

I think this is the first I've heard they actually removed a post.  It also seems they only are alerted to a post when someone reports it.  What you see here may soon be what goes on in the country in total quite soon.  People are already being urged to report others so they can be watched.

Edited by Rattler

Being a moderator is not an easy job. It requires scrutiny of the entire site including a lot of parts of it that you as a moderator would rather not spend time reading. And no matter what you decide there will be members that complain because something didn't get removed or edited and others that will claim to be unreasonably picked on. Its the same old thing between those that have authority and must occasionally exercise that authority and those that don't. As far as somebody getting away with something that another gets hammered for, just understand how many words have to be read daily in order to catch everything. It really is an impossible task. It's a thankless job that puts a target on your back that everybody likes to take a poke at ..... hence this thread.

I threw in the towel a while back because it became obvious that you absolutely cannot and will not please everybody. And many times I felt more like a babysitter than a site moderator. The time effort and abuse simply was not something that I felt I should have to put up with. I am thankful that the other moderators so far have not made the same decision that I did. None of the mods need the grief and aggravation that seems to automatically come with the job. So instead of nit-picking and trying very hard to criticize, how about a bit of respect and appreciation for the tireless efforts that these guys put forth on your behalf.

Bear in mind as you are typing your gripes, that without these guys, this site would be a zoo. The site administration provides a service, and believe it or not it is for your benefit. How about we be a little understanding about the size and difficulty of the job of keeping you all happy.

• Like 4

Hey look, its a bash the moderators thread again. How original.

Its pretty simple really, those of us that are moderators here, are doing so voluntarily. We dont get paid, we have lives, and arent always here to nit pick every little thing everyone does. We dont suspend or ban people for no reason. Break the rules, and its subject to our scrutiny on what to do about it. The vast majority of the time, we will edit language, etc that doesnt adhere to the forum rules out of the posts. Sometimes the posts get deleted if its just too much to edit out, or breaks the rules by a large margin, or if its just general thread-crapping. If you keep up the nonsense after being warned, youll get suspended. Continue after that and youre running the risk of being banned. If you post something and its in the wrong section, we will move it where it belongs.

Nobody watching us? How about the owner of the site? If he doesnt agree with something we do, he talks to us about it and corrects what was done. The site keeps logs of all of the moderation activity, so all of the mods know what is going on. We also have a section that only we see, where we let each other know what we are doing if its something other than just general stuff.

As far as feeling like you were suspended and others werent, then feel free to point out when others are doing the same thing, and we can deal with it accordingly. We dont have time to look at every single post, so notifying us helps many times. Theres a report post link at the top of each post. Use it if you see the rules being broken. Otherwise its kinda like voting, you cant complain if you dont participate. If you get suspended and dont feel it was warranted, email the site owner.

BTW Diplomat, you had been warned before I suspended you, but you chose to keep on with the nonsense. Thats on you.

Eagle Rider, who did you message? Did you report the post(s)?

• Like 2

I made some disparaging comments about guidos and wops and got suspended.   But the people who make the same comments about arabs don't.   So we had someone say all muslims should be scrubbed from the earth and wasnt banned.  But i say we need to do away with italians and im banned for a week.  

Its like you agree with those comments but not with mine about scrubbing italians from the earth. 

Nope, it had to do with using the words you used. I could care less what your opinion or anyone else's is about who should or shouldnt be scrubbed from the earth. IIRC, there were quite a few other posts in that thread that contained cursing, etc.

Like I said, if you see others breaking the rules, please bring it to our attention so that it can be delt with. We dont/cant read every single post.

I'm not going to take sides here but I would point out that "Arabs" and "Muslims" are "PC" terms and not considered derogatory or pejorative.  Unlike the other terms used to describe Italians.

Edited by Elmo

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

LOL - your username is truly a misnomer.  What's your gripe against my people "diplomat"?  Eh, never mind.

Lol.  Im a first generation American. Im actually an Italian citizen.  Im not going to get in a pissing content about who is more italian.  Unless your actually born there then you win.  I just used that cause i am a real italian- American. And i tried making a point about whats allowed here and whats not.   We can conversate in italian if that makes you more comfortable ?   Do you speak your peoples language?   

11 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I'm not going to take sides here but I would point out that "Arabs" and "Muslims" are "PC" terms and not considered derogatory or pejorative.  Unlike the other terms used to describe Italians.

I think you know what I was getting at tho.  posting a pic of a muslim with a goat is just as derogatory as me saying wop.  No? 

I don't "conversate" in any language.  I do have conversations and can converse in either English or Spanish.  I only know phrases in Italian and wasn't trying to assess who is MORE Italian.  In fact, I am 25% Swedish.  Regardless, you are the one disparaging your own people, not me.  My "never mind" was appropriate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I don't "conversate" in any language.  I do have conversations and can converse in either English or Spanish.  I only know phrases in Italian and wasn't trying to assess who is MORE Italian.  In fact, I am 25% Swedish.  Regardless, you are the one disparaging your own people, not me.  My "never mind" was appropriate. 

On a tangent.  I recently did the 23AndMe DNA test.  Waste of money for me as I'm as pure-bred as they come.  My wife was much more interesting.  She's something like 72% Spaniard, 15% North African, 8% Jewish, 3% Middle Eastern, and 2% Asian.

I did it more for the health report.  It's a peace of mind knowing I have no genetic disorders that can be passed down.  I guess not only am I a pure-bred, I'm also a thoroughbred.  :cheese:

• Like 3

That's interesting Elmo.  Cool mix for your wife. My father is 100 percent Italian.   My mother is 1/2 Swedish, 25 percent Italian and 25 percent German.  I am a mutt.  

My wife is 100 percent Guatemalan but even then there is a mix of Spanish and indigenous people. Most think she is Asian by appearance.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That's interesting Elmo.  Cool mix for your wife. My father is 100 percent Italian.   My mother is 1/2 Swedish, 25 percent Italian and 25 percent German.  I am a mutt.  

My wife is 100 percent Guatemalan but even then there is a mix of Spanish and indigenous people. Most think she is Asian by appearance.  

My wife was 100% Dominican until she took the test.  Turns out, she was a product of Christopher Columbus.

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

My wife was 100% Dominican until she took the test.  Turns out, she was a product of Christopher Columbus.

How accurate are those tests?  I suspect even on my fathers side at some point in history, someone in the family was an immigrant to Italy.  Who knows.  

Good news is that mutts tend to be healthy or so it seems. 

35 minutes ago, Elmo said:

On a tangent.  I recently did the 23AndMe DNA test.  Waste of money for me as I'm as pure-bred as they come.  My wife was much more interesting.  She's something like 72% Spaniard, 15% North African, 8% Jewish, 3% Middle Eastern, and 2% Asian.

I did it more for the health report.  It's a peace of mind knowing I have no genetic disorders that can be passed down.  I guess not only am I a pure-bred, I'm also a thoroughbred.  :cheese:

I have seen pictures of your wife, Elmo, and I agree that she is much more interesting than you...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

How accurate are those tests?  I suspect even on my fathers side at some point in history, someone in the family was an immigrant to Italy.  Who knows.  

Good news is that mutts tend to be healthy or so it seems. 

Seems pretty accurate.

What's going on here?

Why is the one eyed bandit, Fetty WAP, being the one dragged through the mud?

I'm a mutt too.

English, Austrian, and Polish with a typical Jewish last name, but I'm Catholic.

Olive skin and dark hair, most think I'm Italian, but I am not. My wife is 100% Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Moog. Only reason i referenced itslians is cause i am one.  I wouldnt want to disrespect another nationality/religion etc.  so i used my own.   The point was.  Why was i banend for saying italians should be scrubbed from the earth.  You can substitute whatever u want in there.  When we have people saying elts scrub muslims feom the earth yet eerent banned.  I was just trying to make a point and i made it.  I got banned when they didnt.  

Yo tu sabe¿.  My wife is cuban lol