New Sprayer Suggestion for 2017

That's right boys - already looking ahead to next year.  I need to upgrade my sprayer.  I been using a County Line sprayer on a trailer hitch.  Worked great for a few years but like anything with wheels - one of the wheels finally came off.  I was almost done so I put the tank on the back of my pickup and finished.  Worked great but not my preferred way of doing it.

I want something for my tractor or possibly my ATV.  Something off the ground with no wheels.  3-point for the tractor would be best since I have a few months to save up for it.

I have been looking around at all kinds of 3-point and ATV sprayers.  Lots of bad reviews for most the stuff I have seen.  

Looking for recommendations from the New York intelligentsia (that means you).  If any of you got a work horse of a sprayer that works great, holds pressure, and just keeps on ticking then let me know.  Like I said, more interested in a 3-point or an ATV model that mounts on the rack,  

Thanks!

LEG 

I don't know if it is much of an upgrade from what you have, but I have been happy with a $200 26 gallon model ATV model I got from Northern Tool. I put it on a skid and use it out of the back of my UTV. I have had it 3 years.

i noticed in my research that more money gets you better quality hoses and fittings. I have to tighten the connections on mine every year, and have keep fresh Teflon tape on it. 

I am happy with mine for the 60-70 gallons annual use it gets.If I had 8-10 acres in plots, I would have considered a better unit.

Will

I have one of the atv rack models from Tractor Supply. Cant remember the name, probably a county line with that hymco (or however its spelled) motors. Have had it for maybe 6 years now and it works great. 15 gal.  boomless with 2 sprayer nozzles and a wand. Think it goes for 150$.. If i was to purchase another one, id go with the 25 gal.. or bigger. The only thing i dont like about it, and its not even a big deal is the boomless set up. I am making an easier attachment for the boomless spray nozzles. to attach quicker to the rack, not that its difficult the way it is but just to be "even easier" lol   My neighbor just zip ties his to the 2 corners of the back rack

• Like 1

I don't think Chapin goes big enough with a 3 point rig but they put out a great product. I think their biggest is a tow behind. How many gallon tank and what spray width are you looking for? they actually are pretty easy to fab yourself and would be a lot cheaper. My buddy and I did our own lawn sprayer that mounted on the back of the lawn tractor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

I have one of the atv rack models from Tractor Supply. Cant remember the name, probably a county line with that hymco (or however its spelled) motors. Have had it for maybe 6 years now and it works great. 15 gal.  boomless with 2 sprayer nozzles and a wand. Think it goes for 150$.. If i was to purchase another one, id go with the 25 gal.. or bigger. The only thing i dont like about it, and its not even a big deal is the boomless set up. I am making an easier attachment for the boomless spray nozzles. to attach quicker to the rack, not that its difficult the way it is but just to be "even easier" lol   My neighbor just zip ties his to the 2 corners of the back rack

I have the same kind. It works great actually. Im going to be modifying it to make filling easier, and Ive been thinking of adding a second tank, but 15 gal is fine for the smaller sized plots (under 1 acre) that we do.

• Like 1

I have the same kind. It works great actually. Im going to be modifying it to make filling easier, and Ive been thinking of adding a second tank, but 15 gal is fine for the smaller sized plots (under 1 acre) that we do.

Right on, I can cover just about 1.5 acres max, with one tank full out of my 15 gal. I put it on a lighter spray/mist and cover it 2 times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk