Dragging deer out of the woods

turkeyfeathers

9 minutes ago, ....rob said:

If you want to wax it use cheap cold weather ( it will last longer ) snowboard/ski wax. That usually has a floral smell. I still wouldn't do it, but for those who may want to try I would go that route.

I wouldn't worry about the scent too much.

There's a better than average chance that if you're dragging him out, he'll never cross that path again anyhow.

If he does, you probably got bigger problems,lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wooly said:

I wouldn't worry about the scent too much.

There's a better than average chance that if you're dragging him out, he'll never cross that path again anyhow.

If he does, you probably got bigger problems,lol

I was thinking more how many of us still hunt an area even if we kill a deer in that spot.

If I kill a deer and then see that deer in the woods again, I would get up, drive home and call a shrink. LOL

Several years ago I was hunting some State land . I came across a couple guys dragging a huge buck . They were having a heck of a time as the antlers were catching on everything . I told them they should grab the buck by the antlers and it would make the task easier . Off they went . About a half hour later I saw them again . I said , now isn't that an easier way to drag that big deer . One of the guys said that it sure was easier but that they were getting farther away from their truck .  :taunt:

• Like 1

I'm old school I grab an antler and place one foot in front of the other , rinse and repeat.

Hunting farm land sometimes I can drive the Buick close so the drag is only a couple hundred yards, but sometimes it's half a mile .

Carts don't  work as it's often plowed fields of thick mud or heavy brush. I'm happy if I come out the correct side of the brush.....sometimes I step out and say corn? There's no corn on the east side of the brush !

Im 57 with two bad shoulders a pinched nerve in neck, arthritis in both feet and hands and that's just the short list . You youngsters need to step it up.

Id call for help except I hunt mostly week days and hunt mostly mornings 

• Like 2

Being 63 that is why I hunt with my son and his friend ,. they are both 35.  They drag I carry the guns.

Lol. Sounds like my old man. He shoots a turkey and I'm still the one carrying lol.

These days I have the atv to get my deer out. Won't see me dragging anything anywhere anymore lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Lol. Sounds like my old man. He shoots a turkey and I'm still the one carrying lol.

These days I have the atv to get my deer out. Won't see me dragging anything anywhere anymore lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao my dad and uncle haven't dragged a deer in 12 plus years....my uncles boys turn 12 this year told them to bulk up bc soon it's their turn to drag...and 8 years from now my boy should be able to drag lol...like a family tradition....

I also use a quad now...but still end up walking to get that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk