Trail cams and treestands set to explode

turkeyfeathers

Seems like an urban legend but if that letter is legit I will believe it. But I'm not clear: is it somebody who hates hunters and is modifying others' cams, or is this intended to bait thieves so that they hurt themselves? If the latter that would in fact be a potent urban legend to persuade people not to touch others' stuff.

You know what puzzles me about that you tube video...his reaction. He didn't run away. He stood near where the explosive paint nailed him to clean up...I know that would not have been my first reaction....I would have bolted for at least a little ways the way I came in...stopped, gathered to my self. Then carefully scanned the area for the cameras..Now if I was the type to trespass...I would figure a action like that needed to have proof given to the authorities or I would have just taken the cameras and left a thank you note attached to the trip wire.

2 minutes ago, growalot said:

You know what puzzles me about that you tube video...his reaction. He didn't run away. He stood near where the explosive paint nailed him to clean up...I know that would not have been my first reaction....I would have bolted for at least a little ways the way I came in...stopped, gathered to my self. Then carefully scanned the area for the cameras..Now if I was the type to trespass...I would figure a action like that needed to have proof given to the authorities or I would have just taken the cameras and left a thank you note attached to the trip wire.

I'm suspecting it was his own trail cam and someone found it,  and then set the boobytrap . But you're right, not much of a reaction