Buck Fever For Sure ( for me anyway)

Water Rat

4 hours ago, LJC said:

Those are those frankin deer clones they make on farms these days wish one of them would  escaped the fence in a area near me so I could have a chance at one of them lol 

Typical remark. Those frankin deer as you call them are a product of smart breedin and good feedin. The fence does the job of keeping the junk out that would ruin a good program.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Typical remark. Those frankin deer as you call them are a product of smart breedin and good feedin. The fence does the job of keeping the junk out that would ruin a good program.

Yea but there still man made what ever you want to call them there bread for looks . 

• Like 1

Ugh,  the problem is a few generations from now these racks will be found and entered into record books as grand dad's buck, stories will be made and the antler craze moves ever on..

I especially like the way they are all coming for food with the person standing there filming them.. no still wild inside the fence there.. easy hunt drop some food and let them walk by till you see one big enough.. it's as bad as entering sheds or a found rack in the book from a non-hunt able area and bragging your in the record book.  

Truly diminishes the value of a legally hunted fair chase buck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Ugh,  the problem is a few generations from now these racks will be found and entered into record books as grand dad's buck, stories will be made and the antler craze moves ever on..

I especially like the way they are all coming for food with the person standing there filming them.. no still wild inside the fence there.. easy hunt drop some food and let them walk by till you see one big enough.. it's as bad as entering sheds or a found rack in the book from a non-hunt able area and bragging your in the record book.  

Truly diminishes the value of a legally hunted fair chase buck.

Again making comments without knowing a story...This guy is a BREEDING FARM.... There is a huge difference between a farm that raises breeder stock and one that raises hunting stock.

If a deer is use to humans feeding them.and interacting with them they imprint on them, it doesn't matter if they are moved to a hunting preserve the wildness has been removed.. again diminishing the fair chase taken bucks..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, LJC said:

Yea but there still man made what ever you want to call them there bread for looks . 

I guess that would be one of the spots you could not hunt with your...I should be able to hunt anybody's property mentality.

I;m not sure on those bucks being bread for anything but looks and size but we will let that one go.

6 minutes ago, G-Man said:

If a deer is use to humans feeding them.and interacting with them they imprint on them, it doesn't matter if they are moved to a hunting preserve the wildness has been removed.. again diminishing the fair chase taken bucks..

Yeah you must be right with all the knowledge you have on the high fence scene, First lesson you would need to know is that pedigreed breeding stock that fetches upwards of 15-20-25 grand a head does not find its way to a hunting preserve.

The stock they breed does and it's use to humans, and I have been to several high fence preserves, for hogs, the deer there are still the most reclusive of animals I've seen in them but would not be hard to kill. And like I said the rack in a few generations will be "found" and put in the books .diminishing the fair chase taken bucks. Face it it's not like they have "made in china" stamped on their racks.
And if someone wanted to pay for one of the breeder to hunt they would be hunted.. everything has a price. And that makes it even sadder to say these fenced preserves are hunting. It's just a shoot. I like "wild " pork but I do not consider it a hunt just a killing of my own slaughter hog.

14 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The stock they breed does and it's use to humans, and I have been to several high fence preserves, for hogs, the deer there are still the most reclusive of animals I've seen in them but would not be hard to kill. And like I said the rack in a few generations will be "found" and put in the books .diminishing the fair chase taken bucks. Face it it's not like they have "made in china" stamped on their racks.
And if someone wanted to pay for one of the breeder to hunt they would be hunted.. everything has a price. And that makes it even sadder to say these fenced preserves are hunting. It's just a shoot. I like "wild " pork but I do not consider it a hunt just a killing of my own slaughter hog.

So two things stand out. 1.You have no problem killing an animal behind fence and 2. You have never been to top notch ran high fence ranch hunting for 1 individual animal.

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

I guess that would be one of the spots you could not hunt with your...I should be able to hunt anybody's property mentality.

I;m not sure on those bucks being bread for anything but looks and size but we will let that one go.

Dude most those places guarantee a kill on a trophy buck of your choosing if you fork over the money . In a real hunt nothing is guaranteed .

Also in nature deer don't use farmers to help them decide which deer gets to breed or live or die .  I don't have a problem with it but it is what it is .

there all different some have larger  areas  then other but usually the guys who run them just tell you where the deer are going to be .  But it all depends on where you go and what you want I guess to each his own . 

Edited by LJC

2 hours ago, growalot said:

I just can't see ever getting excited over such racks/buck..it just looks freakish....

It's nice for those people that don't get a chance to interact with such animals though. I'd like to look at Four Season's whitetails deer, just to see some great work, that's being done.

37 minutes ago, LJC said:

Dude most those places guarantee a kill on a trophy buck of your choosing if you fork over the money . In a real hunt nothing is guaranteed .

Also in nature deer don't use farmers to help them decide which deer gets to breed or live or die .  I don't have a problem with it but it is what it is .

there all different some have larger  areas  then other but usually the guys who run them just tell you where the deer are going to be .  But it all depends on where you go and what you want I guess to each his own . 

LOL...Exactly why the fence is there. Some like to see and chase the best an animal has to offer. Without farmers help you would not see that. Some are happy with spikers and some need 180 plus.

I have 1000 acres out my back door and i can tell you exactly where to go sit to kill a deer about any day of the week.

Its not real tough!

Ive been a skeptic in the past, and have been to quite a few deer farms over the years. The quality of the "hunting" ranches varies widely. My girlfriends uncle owns a deer farm and hunting ranch, and the way that he runs it and raises his bucks is alot different than any others Ive seen before. When Ive been there, the bucks are literally jumping out of their skins to get away from anyone that comes within 200 yards of them. I have seen no difference in the way they act toward people than any deer in the wild. Their breeding deer are a different story, they will come up to you and let you pet them. The ranch is a couple of miles away from the farm, and the deer that are "hunted" live there, not at the farm. The fenced property is hundreds of acres, and other than when they are "hunting" or maintaining something, people dont go in there.

Now Im not saying that I think it is hunting, and I probably wouldnt go "hunting" at one as its not my cup of tea, but its far different from how some other places are run.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Ive been a skeptic in the past, and have been to quite a few deer farms over the years. The quality of the "hunting" ranches varies widely. My girlfriends uncle owns a deer farm and hunting ranch, and the way that he runs it and raises his bucks is alot different than any others Ive seen before. When Ive been there, the bucks are literally jumping out of their skins to get away from anyone that comes within 200 yards of them. I have seen no difference in the way they act toward people than any deer in the wild. Their breeding deer are a different story, they will come up to you and let you pet them. The ranch is a couple of miles away from the farm, and the deer that are "hunted" live there, not at the farm. The fenced property is hundreds of acres, and other than when they are "hunting" or maintaining something, people dont go in there.

Now Im not saying that I think it is hunting, and I probably wouldnt go "hunting" at one as its not my cup of tea, but its far different from how some other places are run.

There is less element of surprise when you hunt in a fenced place because even if they keep the deer wild you know the trophy bucks are there guaranteed  in abundance if you look your going to see one . So it's just a different thing . Then going in big woods  public land looking for tracks rubs .xCT on your own . And dealing competeing with other hunters in that area .

I can see some guy who does not have much time and got a new rifle or bow going to one of those places to test out there new rifle . Or hunting exotic animals that you don't find around here and don't want to travel far to find them they definitely have a place and a good way for farmers do make some money. I see nothing wrong with them really.  the only problem I see is if the hunting area  is to small but besides that  it does not bother me one bit .