general comment about Xbow

eagle rider

7 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Yep but thats the point we should encourage ethical kills for some that's a scoped rifle. Some and xbow and some compound and to be honest the only ones who really can complain are trad guys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

huh?

Just pass full inclusion for crossbow, and let each hunter, decide for themselves, what they will hunt with! If you don't like crossbows, that's fine. Don't hunt with them! But like it or not, crossbows are here to stay, and will only become more popular. 

• Like 4

Just pass full inclusion for crossbow, and let each hunter, decide for themselves, what they will hunt with! If you don't like crossbows, that's fine. Don't hunt with them! But like it or not, crossbows are here to stay, and will only become more popular. 

We'll said. This is basically what I was trying to say too.

Would not want one myself but I can see people wanting them, I just worry that people won't properly practice and learn before going out and acting like they have a 12 gauge in their hands. Taking stupid shots that should never be taken. With someone who practices and knows limitations I have no problem.

Would not want one myself but I can see people wanting them, I just worry that people won't properly practice and learn before going out and acting like they have a 12 gauge in their hands. Taking stupid shots that should never be taken. With someone who practices and knows limitations I have no problem.

There's always gonna be those people....there are guys now with a compound bow doing it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigVal said:

That's why it should be mandatory to take the Bowhunter Educaton Course, for crossbow use. Some people are so inept at hunting, that even with a firearm, they cant close the deal. I don't see those same people doing much damage to the deer population with a crossbow.

• Like 3

That's why it should be mandatory to take the Bowhunter Educaton Course, for crossbow use. Some people are so inept at hunting, that even with a firearm, they cant close the deal. I don't see those same people doing much damage to the deer population with a crossbow.

Absolutly

I do understand your points but I have personally seen guys who never hunted archery season buy crossbows and expect to take it out of the box and kill deer with it. Mandatory education course is a good start for sure.

Edited by BigVal
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:13 PM, grampy said:

That same exact argument would be just as valid if you were talking full inclusion of rifles in bowseason, wouldn't it? A lot of the pro-crossbow arguments hold true for inclusion of firearms.

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

That same exact argument would be just as valid if you were talking full inclusion of rifles in bowseason, wouldn't it? A lot of the pro-crossbow arguments hold true for inclusion of firearms.

Except that the vast majority of pro crossbow guys are talking about archery equipment, not a gun. I dont see many people pushing for guns in archery season. You can insert anything into the same argument and make a point.

• Like 1

Except that the vast majority of pro crossbow guys are talking about archery equipment, not a gun. I dont see many people pushing for guns in archery season. You can insert anything into the same argument and make a point.

That's the problem all these guys think we are proud gun in archery when in fact we are exact opposite that. Xbow will help alot in areas that need it and hopefully stop the dec from ever needing a early gun season. Really this isn't about guns and never will be that's just a bad argument

• Like 1

My biggest fear about crossbows is it will bring alot of the pray and spray hacks into the woods early , pressure the deer too much and shutdown the daytime activity .

Disclosure :Not all gun Hunters are pray and spray hacks ,we all know the ones I'm talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Doc, respectfully saying, that when I made this post, guns in the archery season was the farthest thing from my thoughts. I really don't know why everything has to get twisted around when it comes to the crossbow debate. I do understand the strong feelings on both sides. But the very last thing I would like to see is any type of firearms used during "bow" season. I will not participate in another crossbow debate, as there has been enough said already from both sides here. Best of luck to you this season sir.

• Like 2

My biggest fear about crossbows is it will bring alot of the pray and spray hacks into the woods early , pressure the deer too much and shutdown the daytime activity .
Disclosure :Not all gun Hunters are pray and spray hacks ,we all know the ones I'm talking about.

Yea but it is harder to get second shot with xbow and everyone knows that sommaybe they will be more.cincerned about making first 1 count

• Like 1

On 10/14/2016 at 7:19 PM, zeus1gdsm said:

So I can understand why it'd be overall bad if they were allowed all season. The deer population would be decimated before rut.

I hear this a lot and I don't get the argument. if you look at license sales and compare to the harvest numbers, even with guns in the mix of the seasons the herd isn't "decimated" It's a low percentage that can close the deal with a gun so it ceertainly isn't going to happen with a crossbow. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Yea but it is harder to get second shot with xbow and everyone knows that sommaybe they will be more.cincerned about making first 1 count

this half joking but as technology advnces it wont be long till these are ready for the field

watch?v=QS4RKoRyTikwatch?v=QS4RKoRyTik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4RKoRyTik

Edited by brownclown

9 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Doesnt matter if they are ready for the field, NY can just not allow certain features for hunting. Just like you cant use a machine gun during gun season.

My point is xbow technology is really in its infancy despite being around for thousands of years. ultimately i feel they will destroy the feeling and point of an archery season.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Tough to spray something that you can only load and fire manually.....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, brownclown said:

My point is xbow technology is really in its infancy despite being around for thousands of years. ultimately i feel they will destroy the feeling and point of an archery season.

Depends on what your interpretation of "the feeling and point" of archery season is. For the most part, you have to hunt the same way with a crossbow and regular bow anyhow. I really dont see the big deal. There will be a few more people out there, but it wont be like gun season. Just look at states like Ohio to get an idea of what will happen.

22 minutes ago, eagle rider said:

Tough to spray something that you can only load and fire manually.....

i wasn't the one being addressed but i believe he was referring to a type of person. AKA slob hunters, orange army whatever you want to call them. All the bow hunters keep being called selfish because we don't want the competition. In my case and i believe in most others it is not the competition it is the "type" of hunter it will introduce. For the most part to successfully bow hunt year after year you need to be "woodsman", dedicated, hardworking, persistent, etc. etc.  When you make it too easy, typically the people that choose the easy way in all there life, are the people that will now be in the woods during what can be a challenging time to hunt. I wouldn't (and believe most who are against inclusion) have any problem with full inclusion if these people were "woodsman". As of now i have to remove my cams prior to every gun season. i have no problems with theft during bow. Now this could be just a numbers thing but i also believe it is an attitude thing. You can call it "elitism" but i find that term complementary. I wish more of the general hunting community had the high level values i see most bow hunters having.

4 minutes ago, brownclown said:

i wasn't the one being addressed but i believe he was referring to a type of person. AKA slob hunters, orange army whatever you want to call them. All the bow hunters keep being called selfish because we don't want the competition. In my case and i believe in most others it is not the competition it is the "type" of hunter it will introduce. For the most part to successfully bow hunt year after year you need to be "woodsman", dedicated, hardworking, persistent, etc. etc.  When you make it too easy, typically the people that choose the easy way in all there life, are the people that will now be in the woods during what can be a challenging time to hunt. I wouldn't (and believe most who are against inclusion) have any problem with full inclusion if these people were "woodsman". As of now i have to remove my cams prior to every gun season. i have no problems with theft during bow. Now this could be just a numbers thing but i also believe it is an attitude thing. You can call it "elitism" but i find that term complementary. I wish more of the general hunting community had the high level values i see most bow hunters having.

There are a ton of slob bow hunters in the woods already

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

There are a ton of slob bow hunters in the woods already

i won't argue that fact but nor could you it is still way, way less then during gun season. And this directly a result of the difficulty, effort and "woodsman" skills needed to successfully take a deer with a bow. When you remove the level of difficulty you remove the level of character now sharing the woods.