Hit Him Where It Hurts

Nothing can be done about the Clown winning the election so now let's hit the fool where it matters, his business interests

Feds to Trump: Sell your hotel before you breach lease.

The G.S.A., which controls federal acquisition policy, has informed the president-elect that he must sell the Trump International Hotel he recently opened just blocks from the White House or be in breach of his lease with the government the moment he is sworn into office, senior House Democrats said Wednesday.

In a letter to the G.S.A., four ranking Democrats on the committees or subcommittee that oversee federal contracting and ethics rules said the agency was clear.

“G.S.A. assesses that Mr. Trump will be in breach of the lease agreement the moment he takes office on Jan. 20, 2017, unless he fully divests himself of all financial interests in the lease for the Washington, D.C., hotel. The deputy commissioner made clear that Mr. Trump must divest himself not only of managerial control, but of all ownership interest as well.”

The problem is fairly straightforward. Mr. Trump will soon be in charge of the agency that issued the lease for the Old Post Office Building, which the president-elect transformed unto a luxury hotel. He will also appoint the head of the G.S.A. To avoid such an obvious conflict, the lease that Mr. Trump signed states: “No … elected official of the government of the United States … shall be admitted to any share or part of this lease, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom[.]”

No word yet from Mr. Trump about how he will proceed. Not even the G.S.A.’s deputy commissioner of public building services has heard a peep in response.

“In fact, the deputy commissioner informed our staffs that the G.S.A. has received no communications to date from Mr. Trump’s business organization about this issue. This raises serious questions about how Mr. Trump plans to proceed.”

From 12/14/16 NYT

27 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Simple fix, Sell it to Jr. for a buck. 

haha... before i even saw that i thought that and was going to post and ask how much would that piss Uptown off.  it's a valid point but some make it seem like it's premeditated.  guy was a billionaire and just vested in a lot of things.

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Why? What would be illegal about that?

All his business interests have to be held in a blind trust taking control out of his hands until his term is up. Don't think selling to Jr would satisfy that requirement being he can easily influence Jr, or any other member of his family for that matter 

All his business interests have to be held in a blind trust taking control out of his hands until his term is up. Don't think selling to Jr would satisfy that requirement being he can easily influence Jr, or any other member of his family for that matter 

Better check requirements. If he sold it it would not need to be in trust. You trying to tell me every relative would have to put investments and real estate in trust?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Better check requirements. If he sold it it would not need to be in trust. You trying to tell me every relative would have to put investments and real estate in trust?

No, but his holdings do. However I eagerly await the forth coming charges of corruption and self dealing that are sure to plague the clown's entire time in office 

Selling to a party free of his influence would work 

right because the drunken dike  would have been a much better choice . She would have gained Millions  if she was elected. Wait scratch that billions. Then we would have had to foot the bill for a library  dedicated to her. Makes me sick to think about it.

beagle.jpg

• Like 1

I am so thankful that we have good ol' Uptown Redface to continue the post election euphoria. Did you ever hear so much whining and whimpering from a lib. Every day he constantly provides more crying, sniffling, and stomping and loud, sloppy, thumb-sucking to entertain us with. Ha-ha-ha .... he has completely lost his mind and comes on here every day to demonstrate that for us. Ha-ha-ha ..... It is hilarious, but there unfortunately is a pathetic side to it all that does offer up a little pity. The good news is that the pity doesn't last very long.

• Like 2

I can assure you that Mr. Trump has staff people hard at work to make sure everything will be on the up and up when January 20th rolls around. It's a big job sorting through all the various laws as they relate to the complexity of the 400+ businesses that Trump owns. Many of the laws are simply unclear because we've never before had a President Elect who was such a successful and diversified businessman. ;-)