Shooting 101.2 no alcohol while shooting

Zag

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

When I hear people talk in such hateful words about the police, the first thing that comes to mind is a question of what kinds of lawless scumbags they are. That kind of talk is usually somebody who has frequently tested the limits of the law and have had more than their share of run-ins with law enforcement that they came out on the losing end of. I really have no use for people with anti-law attitudes and an irrational hatred with those people charged with enforcing law and order.

I know of many former cops who all share thoughts similar to mine concerning the idiots who are now entrusted to patrol our streets. According to them the standards have all been lowered and they leave the academies trained to write tickets for anything imaginable, they are no longer trained on how to interact with citizens and the result of this are the morons we see in blue today,  

Sorry if the truth about today's members of law enforcement offends you. 

13 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

I know of many former cops who all share thoughts similar to mine concerning the idiots who are now entrusted to patrol our streets. According to them the standards have all been lowered and they leave the academies trained to write tickets for anything imaginable, they are no longer trained on how to interact with citizens and the result of this are the morons we see in blue today,  

I'm sure that there must be a reason they are former cops if you know them and they still speak to you... you could always take a shot at the job if you're so up on how they should do the job they were trained for and you weren't. Maybe you could try talking nicely to the thug trying to grab your gun and kill you with it... let's see how that works for ya. Now back under the bridge with you.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

When I hear people talk in such hateful words about the police, the first thing that comes to mind is a question of what kinds of lawless scumbags they are. That kind of talk is usually somebody who has frequently tested the limits of the law and have had more than their share of run-ins with law enforcement that they came out on the losing end of. I really have no use for people with anti-law attitudes and an irrational hatred with those people charged with enforcing law and order.

Especially in the current environment.  As the son of a "former cop", and being pretty familiar with how current cops are trained... most of what we see today reflects improvements in the profession.  And in many cases, constraints that result from the lack of respect and basic understanding on the part of, well, idiots, frankly.  

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Finally I succeed in getting you to think correctly, it took awhile but my influence is vast 

Don't flatter yourself there assneck. I have friends and family in law enforcement and my best friend died while on the job. You have no influence here on anything other pissing people off with your useless diarrhea of the mouth you spew forth. Go play in traffic.

• Like 2

I'm not sure the standard has been lowered , but today the old timers will tell you ( if they know you ) that the youngsters are taught a more , " us vs. them mentality , and you ain't one of "us".

The oldtmers were taught to know the  differance between a criminal , and  just an a$$hole .  I have a friend who did well over 30 years , retired a few years back out of major crimes . He's arrested tons of bank robbers , shooters , career criminals, he's been stabbed and had bones broken, rolled around on the ground fighting over guns  . In all those years he's made one DWI, it was different back then , more likely to take you home or let you find a ride . 

Right or wrong that's how it was. I know many in the '70s and '80's who were let go taken home , or just sent on their way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Look, a long time ago you lost your credibility here, and I sincerely doubt there is any reason to believe anything you say about the imaginary conversations you are having with your imaginary cops.

• Like 2

All this talk about drunken hunting reminds me of a few years back when I encountered a guy that was hunting well within the 500' limit of our house. I went over to talk with him about this and almost fell over from the booze stink. The guy was really having a hard time staying upright. You know, the waving back and forth, and the sudden jerking motion to stay upright. The guy really looked like he was going to fall over any minute. At the time I didn't know about the illegality of hunting drunk, or I would have called somebody to come get this guy. Actually he was so bad that I was concerned for his ability to even get safely back to his car. Fortunately his son-in-law came over while I was trying to figure out what to do with this guy. His son-in-law was sober and in control of himself, and helped this guy on his way back to the car. Before they left, I suggested that the son-in-law take the gun away from him and unload the thing before somebody got hurt. He did take the gun and unloaded it, and everything was back under control.

This guy was so hammered that I doubt he really could have differentiated between a hunter and a deer. That was a pretty scary thing, and it makes me wonder how many others like this guy are out there. I know that over the years I have picked up and carried out enough beer cans and bottles in the woods to show that this guy wasn't the only one. I kind of wonder how many of these so-called "accidents" are a direct result of booze.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Doc said:

All this talk about drunken hunting reminds me of a few years back when I encountered a guy that was hunting well within the 500' limit of our house. I went over to talk with him about this and almost fell over from the booze stink. The guy was really having a hard time staying upright. You know, the waving back and forth, and the sudden jerking motion to stay upright. The guy really looked like he was going to fall over any minute. At the time I didn't know about the illegality of hunting drunk, or I would have called somebody to come get this guy. Actually he was so bad that I was concerned for his ability to even get safely back to his car. Fortunately his son-in-law came over while I was trying to figure out what to do with this guy. His son-in-law was sober and in control of himself, and helped this guy on his way back to the car. Before they left, I suggested that the son-in-law take the gun away from him and unload the thing before somebody got hurt. He did take the gun and unloaded it, and everything was back under control.

This guy was so hammered that I doubt he really could have differentiated between a hunter and a deer. That was a pretty scary thing, and it makes me wonder how many others like this guy are out there. I know that over the years I have picked up and carried out enough beer cans and bottles in the woods to show that this guy wasn't the only one. I kind of wonder how many of these so-called "accidents" are a direct result of booze.

So true!  Many times when these accidents happen they are doing something illegal to begin with.  The poor judgment of doing these acts seems to be related to having no common sense and poor judgment at identifying prey. 

Then some wonder why we get so pissed off at people who makes it look like this is common.  Safety is the last thing these people think about and is why they are so dangerous!  

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, Larry302 said:

Not defending drinking while using guns , but it is banned from shooting sports because it's considered a performance enhancing drug .

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/alcohol-banned-from-rifle-competitions/article_208d46e3-8e6f-54b4-a2d5-98aef12ab40e.html

I bowl a heck of a lot better with a couple pops in me!!

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Look, a long time ago you lost your credibility here, and I sincerely doubt there is any reason to believe anything you say about the imaginary conversations you are having with your imaginary cops.

Funny, but it seems as some of what my so called "imaginary" friends say is very similar to what Larry302 has posted. Now what do you think is the chance we both share similarly viewed friends? 

21 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Funny, but it seems as some of what my so called "imaginary" friends say is very similar to what Larry302 has posted. Now what do you think is the chance we both share similarly viewed friends? 

See that's where you go wrong... you actually think what he said and what you said are even close to the same.

This is ridiculous, Uptown if u think times where better when u could walk around with a gun or drive around when blitzed, do us all a favor and get sh#t faced and start playing with a loaded gun in your house by yourself. Have fun with it. Hopefully if someone sees u and calls the cops, it's a "old school" thinker that u like and they let u keep playing.

Edited by Gencountyzeek