2017 Elite

kpkot

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I can assure you having owned 3 obsession that are split limbs with no yoke, they all tuned great.  40yd bareshaft on the money great.  One did require adjusting shims to get there, but if Elite does it right, that would not concern me.  Just my experience though.

Well they're certainly no stranger to shims!

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Well they're certainly no stranger to shims!

In fairness, being a former tuning addict, I was trying to get absolutely perfect bareshaft at 40yds from an 82lb phoenix and it only required a very minor adjustment.  Most would have been very pleased even without the shim adjustment.  I shimmed more elites with the solid limb than the obsessions - again more due to my anal tuning than practical need.  Both are quality manufacturers in my opinion.  The beyond parallel preload really requires split limbs.  Anyway I am not in the market as the phoenix remains my all time favorite compound and I now prefer hunting with the recurve (which takes more effort to tune since human error plays a much greater role in reading results).

Yeah I don't get that though, if the limbs have subtle differences how can moving the roller guard in or out help? That's why they design bows and I sell seafood I guess lol

I think that's the reason they've moved to the higher grade aluminum, preloaded limbs and more rigid riser design, to eliminate the subtle differences. But I definitely hear what you're saying. Time to get out and shoot them I guess! I'd still like to hear pricing on the rest of the lineup. Only seen MSRP for Option and Revol lines so far.
  • Like 1

They are off their freaking rocker. The msrp are a joke, up 30-40 from last year. I already know a dealer who is dumping them because of the price increase. The roller guard being fix with no flex is a nightmare, did they not see the Hoyt debacle that took place with their fixed roller?

The biggest issue I have is since they are being run by a bunch of venture capitalist through a corporate conglomerate they are now acting like greedy pricks. They have strayed so far from what has made them successful in the past that its terrible. This is coming from someone that has owned probably 15 elite bows since 2008.

• Like 1

They are off their freaking rocker. The msrp are a joke, up 30-40 from last year. I already know a dealer who is dumping them because of the price increase. The roller guard being fix with no flex is a nightmare, did they not see the Hoyt debacle that took place with their fixed roller?

The biggest issue I have is since they are being run by a bunch of venture capitalist through a corporate conglomerate they are now acting like greedy pricks. They have strayed so far from what has made them successful in the past that its terrible. This is coming from someone that has owned probably 15 elite bows since 2008.

I can't disagree. I love my elites but $1300+ is bananaland. Bows depreciate like home computers. I'd buy three 2014 models for that money
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Chicks dig guys shooting Elite bows way more than Mathews bows bizzy, trust me.........

Every time i go shooting and i take the Bow out ,its like a Beatles concert.  

EDIT: I just realized there is a little boy hiding in those ladies , that just ruins it.

screaming ladies.jpg

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Every time i go shooting and i take the Bow out ,its like a Beatles concert.  

EDIT: I just realized there is a little boy hiding in those ladies , that just ruins it.

screaming ladies.jpg

If you look close and let your imagination run wild, you'll know exactly WHAT that young man is doing. Look at the smile on the gal's face. :)  

I think, no wait, I'm positive that young man is wearing a watch with an Elite logo on it.

Stud...............

• Like 3

Shot hoyt for years then went with my first bowtech 2 years ago, the carbon knight. Not even bowtechs top line bow and I've been nothing but impressed so far. Very quiet and my god is it fast. Anyone who uses HHA single pins, I use a number 20 sight tape, that can give ya a clue on how quick it's moving.

I've had a itch to try elite bows though. I've heard great things about them except maybe some paint issues last year on some AT forum posts. But overall I think they make good stuff. I think I'll be upgrading bows again this year so it's probably gonna come down between a new elite or the new bowtech Reign 6. Parallel limb design has been around for a long time now, no reason to fear that. Bowtech had some issues years ago but that's been cleared up and I don't think anyone has those issues on any brand anymore. Not from what I've seen at least.

I look forward to shooting a elite at the bow shop this spring though!

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thx. Mathews it is then. Halon is the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go out and shoot a few brands. No one can tell what bow will fit you and feel right, and certainly not a brand. You may find you prefer Elite, maybe Bow Tech, perhaps a Hoyt, or maybe even a Winchester. 

Go out and shoot a few brands. No one can tell what bow will fit you and feel right, and certainly not a brand. You may find you prefer Elite, maybe Bow Tech, perhaps a Hoyt, or maybe even a Winchester. 

But if I only shoot a Mathews then I will end up with a Mathews lol

On 1/12/2017 at 11:22 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But if I only shoot a Mathews then I will end up with a Mathews lol

Honestly Biz, Mathews may be the biggest but not necessarily the best.  They make a good bow as do many other companies.  It's worth shooting a few to see what feels good to you.  I have owned Mathews, Hoyt, bowtech, elite, prime and obsession.   And probably others I am forgetting. So far my favorite compound is my obsession Phoenix.   That said, I enjoyed all of the other compounds I owned with the exception of the Mathews helium.  No valley on that thing at all.  Big let off, good valley and solid backwall usually make for an enjoyable bow to shoot.  Don't get too caught up in the speed race either.  Any modern compound is plenty fast to kill deer without a huge loss of trajectory at reasonable hunting distances.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Honestly Biz, Mathews may be the biggest but not necessarily the best.  They make a good bow as do many other companies.  It's worth shooting a few to see what feels good to you.  I have owned Mathews, Hoyt, bowtech, elite, prime and obsession.   And probably others I am forgetting. So far my favorite compound is my obsession Phoenix.   That said, I enjoyed all of the other compounds I owned with the exception of the Mathews helium.  No valley on that thing at all.  Big let off, good valley and solid backwall usually make for an enjoyable bow to shoot.  Don't get too caught up in the speed race either.  Any modern compound is plenty fast to kill deer without a huge loss of trajectory at reasonable hunting distances.

I was just joking. I hear ya. But part of me figured if I go into compound hunting I want to become an "elitist" lol

• Like 1

I checked out an Option 7 today . Didn't have it set up to shoot though. I asked him what he thought about tuning a split limb bow with a roller set up . He said "If people say it hard to tune ,it's because it has a lot of tune ability that they dont know how to do it." 

Between my Z28 and my Synergy, I am not going to be in the bow market for a while.

I just hope that when I am, there is a company putting out bows with similar design characteristics regarding the "shootability" that my two bows have.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, Trial153 said:

There is a lot of market consolidation going on in the hunting and fishing industry. A lot of brand and company sales going to the key groups buying them up...TOG, VISTA, Escalade Sports, Pradco, Plano Synergy...if you just look these groups up, you'd be amazed at the brands they own. A lot of the smaller companies 10 years ago were purchased - I remember several getting their start on AT and 10 years later, they're owned by companies with multi-billion/yr revenue bottom lines.