Cuddeback Ambush Country IR

I was at DICK's today and saw that they have the Cuddeback Ambush Country IR on sale for $60 . It was selling for $200 . Checked it out on the computer and came across a review by Don Mealey . He was brutal on his You Tube review and others said the camera was crappy and over priced . 

Does anyone have the Cuddeback Ambush Country IR  ?  If so , any problems ? 

I have two of them, not my favorite cameras.  The shutter speed is OK and daytime pics are good, nighttime pics are horrible, even if the deer is 15-20 feet away.  They are very easy to set up. I didnt pay $200, I think they were around $100 or so.  Even at $60, I don't think I would bother.

I have other Cuddeback cameras and they are very good.  Two of them have white flash and they don't seem to spook the deer.  I get several night shots in a row with them.

• Like 1

I own 2 Cuddeback Ambush IR cams and they worked well, for the 1.5yrs they actually worked. They both died about 2 weeks apart in the middle of this past summer. They both turn on but dont function properly, not even enough to take any pictures. They performed alright when they did run. Not sure if they are the exact same cam as the Ambush Country or not. but seem to be darn close. The detection range on them sucked I think. If the critter is not within 15ft mine wouldn't trigger. Night time pics were ok, daytime pics were ok. But they didnt last very long. And these came straight from Cuddeback on their "Fix With New" Program when I sent 2 broken cuddebacks "back". I think I'm done with Cuddeback, I do not have enough money to play their game lol 

So instead of doing the fix with new Program (which used to be 50% off a new cam, now its 30%off) ill save the money for another browning or spartan. 

Edited by LET EM GROW

59 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Thanks for the reviews . Glad I GOOGLED the camera and asked on here . A $200 camera for $60 sounded like too good of a deal . 

This is the camera 

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/cuddeback-ambush-country-ir-plus-trail-camera--8mp-15cudumbshcntryr8tch/15cudumbshcntryr8tch

yup,i tried it for 2 weeks & brought it right back to them. Still on the lookout for a decent under $100 cam though i am tempted to try a Browning or Bushnell for a change

I am surprised cuddy is even still in business. I don't think they've made a decent cam in many years now. Of all the cams out there, I see cuddy on deep discounted clearance sales the most. Reviews are never any good. Best bet is to get a cam around the $100-130 range and you should have decent results

23 hours ago, mac said:

yup,i tried it for 2 weeks & brought it right back to them. Still on the lookout for a decent under $100 cam though i am tempted to try a Browning or Bushnell for a change

Let me know on the Browning - I am ordering the 2017 models in, soon.

It's sad, I used to love cuddeback cams when they were top dogs. I still have 3 perfectly working cuddeback captures flash models. The ir models lasted me 5 to 6 years. These have got to be 6 years + closer to 9 I bet. As well as the original attack ir that works good

Phade, I heard bad raps on the new recon force compared to the 2016 model, is that true? Thinking about getting one for videos

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

It's sad, I used to love cuddeback cams when they were top dogs. I still have 3 perfectly working cuddeback captures flash models. The ir models lasted me 5 to 6 years. These have got to be 6 years + closer to 9 I bet. As well as the original attack ir that works good

Phade, I heard bad raps on the new recon force compared to the 2016 model, is that true? Thinking about getting one for videos

The recon force hasn't hit store shelves yet - only the 2017 Strike Force and Dark Ops are out.

Everything I've seen so far on the 17 Strike Force is that its outdoing the 16. Still early though.

I am very interested in the Pro model.

I agree with Phade on the strike force, I'm sure the 2017 is outstanding as well.

Seems cuddy back were the big cams ten years ago, there size ,function and performance are all outdated in my eyes compared to the cams of today.

• Like 1

The recon force hasn't hit store shelves yet - only the 2017 Strike Force and Dark Ops are out.
Everything I've seen so far on the 17 Strike Force is that its outdoing the 16. Still early though.
I am very interested in the Pro model.

Hmm oh maybe it was the difference between the platinum model and the other elite or hd I can't remember now. I'd definitely like to try the recon force

I personally wouldn't use the recon force for pics, or the spec ops for that matter. Typically if you buy either one, it is for videos. If you just want pics, the Strike Force and Dark Ops are less and fit the bill perfectly.

I sold quite a few Brownings this past year and have pretty good terms for 2017 models.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...