new bill

sbuff

Redneck, start a thread with people who are in favor of it or don't have an issue with the safe act. I started this one to post a bill against it, and those against can chime in. 

One last question for you , do you feel it's hindered your second amendment rights ? 

I am well aware of the need to have a valiod pistol permit in order to buy ammo for a pistol

See Up... you show your true ingnorance along with most of the libraturds. In NY state you do not need a pistol permit to by curtain caliber ammo. The law states 'you need to show a valid pistol permit to purchase ammo for a pistol' It does not state you need to show a permit to purches ammo commonlly found in a handgun....HUGE Differance in wording, libraturds dont notice, and you might still have time to get out of moms basement...(I havent given up on you yet)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

See Up... you show your true ingnorance along with most of the libraturds. In NY state you do not need a pistol permit to by curtain caliber ammo. The law states 'you need to show a valid pistol permit to purchase ammo for a pistol' It does not state you need to show a permit to purches ammo commonlly found in a handgun....HUGE Differance in wording, libraturds dont notice, and you might still have time to get out of moms basement...(I havent given up on you yet)

I could be wrong but I don't think that's a law, some store policies require it but I don't think it's a law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely not a law, it's a store policy. I bought .45 acp at Dicks at the galleria mall and I was asked what it was for. I told the cashier a springfield 1911. He then asked me if that was a pistol... yes, then I had to show my permit, and had to point out where the pistols were listed. Very smart employee.:negative:

Edited by Gencountyzeek
  • Like 1

I could be wrong but I don't think that's a law, some store policies require it but I don't think it's a law.

Typical NY law... yes you need a liscens to purchase ammo for a handgun, but there is no rulings on what handgun ammo is. So all major retailers have a list that camefrm recommondations they ask for a permit. Now most employees (includimg store managers) quote it as law, becaise they dont want to be the blame for a a customer complaint. However the good employees will ask what its for, then go from there. Its was funny the look on the store managers face when he explained to the regional VP that he wasnt going to sell ammo for the rifle on the counter. The VP gave him a lesson on common sense.. it was priceless.

Well considering the whole "online shopping" thing did even exist ten years ago, you didn't have any problem buying ammo then, so why the sudden problem now?

I'm guessing you were about 8 years old or something 10 years ago and weren't allowed access to computers by mommy but 10 years ago, aka 2007, I can assure you the internet was very much alive and online shopping existed. It's when the first iPhones came out, but online shopping didn't exist right?

Your comments are so incredibly stupid it's amazing. Just because you can physically go to a store doesn't negate the fact that millions like to shop online and it makes lives easier. I live 40 mins from any major box store that carries a decent supply of ammo. I don't want to travel over a hour just to pick up some ammo if I don't have to. Has absolutely nothing to do with money. And just in case you don't know anyone who actually has a lot of money, most well off people shop around to save money, which is how they remain very well off. Obviously something you know nothing about. Hell my grandmother was worth over 10 million dollars when she died and she was the cheapest person I've EVER met in my life. Being able to "afford" ammo has nothing to do with the fact that millions of people should have access to buying online to save a few bucks.
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 8:50 AM, Uptown Redneck said:

Well you all claim there is no difference between an AR and other semi-auto rifles so while not  buy one of the many other semi-autos still available? 

Why did you need to buy a tactical shotgun? Because you wanted it right? Seriously, stop with your nonsense already!

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/35174-what-are-you-using-this-season/?page=2

The "Unsafe Act" has actually done more harm then good. But, everyone already stated how it "effects" us.

Back to the point-

I hope this passes for so many reasons I cannot even put them into words right now. #1 is the fact that it was a midnight-backdoor deal against the Constitution, rushed into effect by an over zealous moron who knows nothing about firearms except what the NYTimes blabbers on about, and the anti-gun half wits ( lining pockets - I think most get my meaning ) who know less about fire arms then Cuomo does. 

Typical NY law... yes you need a liscens to purchase ammo for a handgun, but there is no rulings on what handgun ammo is. So all major retailers have a list that camefrm recommondations they ask for a permit. Now most employees (includimg store managers) quote it as law, becaise they dont want to be the blame for a a customer complaint. However the good employees will ask what its for, then go from there. Its was funny the look on the store managers face when he explained to the regional VP that he wasnt going to sell ammo for the rifle on the counter. The VP gave him a lesson on common sense.. it was priceless.

Had my permit for 9 years have bought thousands and thousands of rounds and never been asked. Guess that's another reason not shop at dicks and Walmart.

I can't buy ammo for any of my rifles at Wallyworld, they don't stock them, even the .22LR. I really dislike shopping at Dicks, why, I can't answer that, I just don't..

If I could buy my ammo online I could save a bunch of cash, I would also be able to get the Rio Bismuth shells my shotgun really likes a lot cheaper then in a shop ( if you can find them ). Its deeper then just the ammo issue though. It does NOTHING! It proves NOTHING! Except, irate a large amount of non anti-gun tax payers!

For those of us who own 'scary black guns' it means no more bureaucracy about it, and for anyone who wants one it will make it easier then trying to figure out what upper and or lower are legal.

This is me being selfish a bit, but boy I sure would love an actual grip on my M&P. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

I can't buy ammo for any of my rifles at Wallyworld, they don't stock the them, even the .22LR. I really dislike shopping at Dicks, why, I can't answer that, I just don't..

If I could buy my ammo online I could save a bunch of cash, I would also be able to get the Rio Bismuth shells my shotgun really likes a lot cheaper then in a shop ( if you can find them ). Its deeper then just the ammo issue though. It does NOTHING! It proves NOTHING! Except, irate a large amount of non anti-gun tax payers!

For those of us who own 'scary black guns' it means no more bureaucracy about it, and for anyone who wants one it will make it easier then trying to figure out what upper and or lower are legal.

This is me being selfish a bit, but boy I sure would love an actual grip on my M&P. 

I agree with you on everything! Why not pin the mag on your M&P?

The thing that pisses

me off about the safe act is if you're like me and have more than a few AR's I can make any legal or illegal in about 2 seconds. Yet I have to be careful what upper I have on what lower if I have it it my truck or if I want to use one for hunting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Why not pin the mag on your M&P?

The only one I have now ( I really want another in .308 ) is a .22LR, trying to load and unload it via breaking the upper is a royal PITA with those tiny bullets!

Even if it was a larger caliber, I would still have opted for the spur grip and detachable mags. For me it was more about hunting with the rifle then defense. I wanted to be able to just drop out the mag if I went to my truck for a snack or lunch without breaking the upper and taking the bullets out.

But, in a home defense situation, I don't want to have to fart around either. So I preferred not to pin the mag.

The only one I have now ( I really want another in .308 ) is a .22LR, trying to load and unload it via breaking the upper is a royal PITA with those tiny bullets!

Even if it was a larger caliber, I would still have opted for the spur grip and detachable mags. For me it was more about hunting with the rifle then defense. I wanted to be able to just drop out the mag if I went to my truck for a snack or lunch without breaking the upper and taking the bullets out.

But, in a home defense situation, I don't want to have to fart around either. So I preferred not to pin the mag.

I understand that with the 22's, having toted an ar/16/m4 around for as long as I have not having a pistol grip is like a car without a steering wheel I just can't do it.