Wood working project

Terrific thread.

Dad started a woodworking hobby 50+ years ago as a stress relief from work and out of necessity by having to do work on a house with 3 growing kids.

I started messing around when in elementary school, and eventually turned much of those skills into a 30+ year career in cabinets/trim/carpentry/furniture that I still love to do.

Small shop, around 2000sqft and my only regret is doing this for a living I don't do much for myself and look for other hobbies for after work.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good!!  I can't wait to rest a cold Molson on the nicely finished wood top. :(

BTW, I did come home after leaving your place tonight and put the Cetol 1 on the cedar porch trim.  Considering it was ALL overhead work, I don't think too much made it to my armpits. 

Oh and next time, remind me to put my OLD glasses on............. :)

• Like 1

And my daughter was so impressed with the pencil holder we made from a 4x4 block (although the holes weren't quite even).  I better not let her see this thread as it may lead to unreasonable expectations.  lol Nice work Taco.

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

looks great taco.  quality stuff.  seems whenever you go to a store now it's stuff that looks well and good but still made from softer woods and don't last with years of use.

Thanks, lots of furniture is made with veneered particle board. Cheap crap from overseas!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...