Gun Butler For Cleaning.

grampy

As my youngest grandson is getting more into hunting and shooting, I seem to be buying and cleaning more guns. Along with my 'dream' rifle very soon! ( a Sako Classic 85 in 270 ). I've always just laid my guns on a bench or table to clean them. And in the process, I've dropped and spilled things, while cleaning them. So while out with the Mrs. yesterday, I stopped into the Field and Stream store to just "look around" and found the Tipton Gun Butler! This will be perfect for keeping the gun stable, and the rod, patches and lubricants, all organized while cleaning! For just $30, I think it will make cleaning our guns a bit more organized and enjoyable. I was actually thinking of just making one myself, but decided to just spring for this one. Anyone else use a 'gun butler' while cleaning their guns?20170219_104719.jpg20170219_104831.jpg20170219_104655.jpg

• Like 2

I use an old Midway Sportsman vise that I got years ago, it was manufactured by the same outfit that made your Gun Butler, Tipton. It is a bit different in look and design to yours but it does perform  many of the same functions. I have got a ton of use out of mine for any kind of gun work where the gun has to be held securely. Anyone that works on their firearms will be well served by having one of these types of helpers, you made a good purchase and I am sure you will find that it will become very useful.

Al

• Like 1

I don't think you'll be disappointed, grampy. There's something about having the proper equipment that makes one focus and do a better job, and have more fun doing it.

I have a machinist's vise with silicone rubber jaws at the end of my reloading/smithing bench. Once I clear away all the empty winter beer cans I'll remember what it looks like. :cheese:

• Like 2