Best Bloody Mary mix?

stubborn1VT

I am just looking for an inexpensive Bloody Mary mix.  "Back in the day" I used to love to get one in my favorite bar on Sunday mornings.  Well, tomorrow is Sunday, and I'd like to make one and sit by my woodstove.  The overnight low is supposed to be -5.  

I'm not looking for anything super spicy, although I am a fan of horseradish.  Also, does it matter what I use for vodka?  I don't drink much these days, other than a few beers or a Crown & ginger or two.  Just looking for member's recommendations.  Thanks.

• Like 1

You can make your own mix very easily by either buying tomato juice or we like bloody ceasers with Clamato juice.( turns out thinner )  A dash of worchestshire sauce , sprinkle of black pepper, sprinkle of celery salt , Tabasco to your heat level, about a teaspoon of horseradish. Garnish with a piece of crispy bacon  

Dont waste expensive vodka for mixing. Expensive vodka is made for sipping on the rocks. Titos is the new hipster vodka designed for mixing or up straight. $20 for a liter bottle.  

• Like 5

I've been using the Tabasco brand mix, but I add a couple of dashes of hot sauce, a very small pinch of salt and a sprinkle of ground pepper.  I use regular bar vodka, but I have a bottle of Absolute Peppar, which takes the heat up a notch.

Long time lurker (years).  Don't know why this topic made me jump in.....but the answer is ZingZang.  Was never able to find it north of the Mason-Dixon line until a couple of years ago.  You'll thank me as nothing compares!

1 hour ago, Hart said:

Long time lurker (years).  Don't know why this topic made me jump in.....but the answer is ZingZang.  Was never able to find it north of the Mason-Dixon line until a couple of years ago.  You'll thank me as nothing compares!

Alcohol always make people open up :)

• Like 3

Reviews on this are great. Looks like Walmart or Target are possibilities to find it.
Thanks for the post. Keeping are eyes peeled for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of Mr. And Mrs T Horseradish Bloody Mary Mix.

Tall glass with some ice. A shot and half decent vodka. Svedka is good and not a bank breaker. Need 2-3 good green olives and a crisp stalk of celery. Couple grinds outa the pepper mill and squeeze in a wedge of lime and drop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch guys/gals! I didn't make it out to pick up mix yet, but I will before "the big snow storm".  I'll be looking for a bottle of ZingZang or Tobasco brand.  Celery and lemon are a must, I agree.  Gonna fry up some thick bacon from one of my brother's farm-raised pigs.  Looking forward to it!

• Like 1