Fox Fires O'Reilly; I'm done with Fox News

46 minutes ago, pt0217 said:

Belo,
Your comments about Kelly are hypocritical. I don't disagree with you though, she is hot. And, no need to show me the people that support you, I can read.

I am open to hearing the facts that Oreilly has done anything wrong. I haven't heard any here, or anywhere. When they come out we can talk about how bad a guy he is. Until then I will base my feelings on what I know.
He has been the number 1 cable news show for 20 years. He speaks to truth, Liberty and Freedom for all. He helps veterans that have made huge sacrifices for our country. He donates millions of dollars to charity. Character means everything and Bill O'Reilly has a tremendous amount of It. I look forward to his return and the demise of the Fox News channel.

My comments aren't hypocritical. You don't understand the difference between sexual harassment and a guy calling a girl hot and intelligent on the internet.

sex·u·al ha·rass·ment
noun
noun: sexual harassment
  1. harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.

And to counter your second point, Bill Cosby is f'n hilarious. His shows have had amazing ratings and he was a role model to many. That has no bearing on the fact that he drugged and raped woman. Do you understand why his ratings and political views, charities etc. do not excuse his actions?

• Like 2

The two Murdoch sons, Uday and Qusay, wanted O'reilly gone for purely political reasons. Papa Rupert went along. They've fired their biggest source of news commentary revenue. I never particularly cared for O'reilly because I found him pompous, arrogant, condescending, and patronizing. But he brought 3.5 to 4 million viewers to his show every night. Be careful where you point that gun, son.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pt0217 said:

Rob,
I never did facebook and doubt I ever will. Aside from the scum it assists like you mention, it makes people act self aggrandizing. I can't stomach it.

You think this site is any different with self aggrandizing? LOL! 

So, you are going to boycott Fox News, because a proven perv was given his walking shoes? I guess the real world complicities that are going on don't bother you. Carry on, fight the good fight. Maybe you can get on the Wendy Williams show.

While you are doing that, the rest of us will be thinking about NK and missile issues, the Syria/Russia issues, and now dealing with ISIS wanting to join forces with Al Qaeda.

Now they are going after Hannity. Fox obviously wants to change direction. No other reason for cancelling O'Reilly, the best rated cable news show for twenty years straight.
If you think it is because sponsors left, you are wrong. The viewership was still there. The sponsors would not have stayed away long. They got in the headlines when they dropped his show just to appeal to a different purchasing group. They would have come back once the dust settled. And if not them then someone else.

• Like 1

My comments aren't hypocritical. You don't understand the difference between sexual harassment and a guy calling a girl hot and intelligent on the internet.
sex·u·al ha·rass·ment noun noun: sexual harassment
  1. harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.
And to counter your second point, Bill Cosby is f'n hilarious. His shows have had amazing ratings and he was a role model to many. That has no bearing on the fact that he drugged and raped woman. Do you understand why his ratings and political views, charities etc. do not excuse his actions?

Thank you for the education on sexual harassment. Can you now teach me about due process?

50 minutes ago, pt0217 said:

Now they are going after Hannity. Fox obviously wants to change direction. No other reason for cancelling O'Reilly, the best rated cable news show for twenty years straight.
If you think it is because sponsors left, you are wrong. The viewership was still there. The sponsors would not have stayed away long. They got in the headlines when they dropped his show just to appeal to a different purchasing group. They would have come back once the dust settled. And if not them then someone else.

man you continue to blow my mind. I don't think you understand how tv works. It doesn't matter if a billion people watched his show. Eyeballs doesn't directly put money in fox's bank. Otherwise we wouldn't have adds at all. Or maybe you send Bill a check after watching him? ala HBO. The sponsors are who pays the bills. The higher the ratings the more the add costs. No sponsors, or less sponsors is less money.

And "no other reason for cancelling O'Reilly"... what don't you get about 5 documented sexual harassment cases and losing sponsors as a reason?

On 4/23/2017 at 8:39 PM, Papist said:

Like him or loath him, Did Bill mess with the wrong guy in the end?

Makes you wonder. Most likely the case and now he is paying the cost by getting silenced for allegations no one has proven. I'm sorry dirty talk from one individual to another isn't sexual harassment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Makes you wonder. Most likely the case and now he is paying the cost by getting silenced for allegations no one has proven. I'm sorry dirty talk from one individual to another isn't sexual harassment.

Depending on their  relationship it certainly can be. Specifically, if that "dirty talk" is unwanted by one party

• Like 1

The Left will stop at nothing to destroy the Trump presidency. And that's exactly what this crap is about. Uday and Qusay Murdoch will gladly destroy the most significant part of their inherited empire if it means the ouster of Trump. It's the way they roll. It's an ideological thing.

The people at Fox who hold the Conservative line won't give up: Dobbs, Hannity, Carlson, Bartiromo, and all the others, but they will likely be disbursed to other venues for a while. From this mess will arise a new Phoenix. FNC has been the most watched news outlet for many years, and someone with money will come along and create it anew because it's a proven model there for the taking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line is oreilly became a liability and not an asset.  Money talks.  Sponsors started walking. You can spend your money wherever you please.  And they chose to walk away from his time slot.  plaina and simple.  

He can go to another conservative news outlet if they choose to hire him.  

• Like 1

Beating your  wife and being accused of sexual harassment multiple times isnt a good way to keep your career going.   The guy had a hell of a run but maybe him getting a pass for all these years was part of his downfall.  Feeling like he was above rules.  Hes a multimillionaire who doesnt give two craps about you or anyone.  He isnt a voice of anything.  Hes an elitist who we have nothing in common with.  Just like our rich city boy president.  How could a bunch of hard-working country folks follow some silver spoon fed elitist City boy?   Makes no sense.  Oh yeah.  He represents the values of Americans.   Lol

I'm sorry. I don't mean to attack you. It's just that you need to realize that they went after the sponsors to turn on O'Reilly. In turn Fox got scared and turned their back on him as well. Fox didn't fire him because of the harassment bs. That stuff happened years ago. They fired him because of a well funded hit job by the progressive left that will do anything to destroy this country. Let's wait and see what O'Reilly is able to prove. No matter what he turns up. The left wing media will not report it.