Fox Fires O'Reilly; I'm done with Fox News

I didn't know where to turn when I heard the news. Thought maybe here.

I'm done with Fox News. I ask you all to boycott that channel. We are under attack by well funded, anti American progressive, movement. If allowed to succeed it will destroy our country!

I was pretty disappointed when I read that, but it's been rumbling for a few weeks now.

I'm more disappointed in O'Reilly. I had held him in high regard for a cable news personality. But I have no tolerance for a serial sexual harasser. I would have thought he was above that stuff.

• Like 2

I was pretty disappointed when I read that, but it's been rumbling for a few weeks now.
I'm more disappointed in O'Reilly. I had held him in high regard for a cable news personality. But I have no tolerance for a serial sexual harasser. I would have thought he was above that stuff.

Jerry,
To be fair to O'Reilly, he said these claims are all unsubstantiated. I am not defending sexual harassment at all but I will defend his place in the public sphere. All Americans are imperfect, including O'Reilly, including myself. O'Reilly has done tremendous amounts of good in this world. His voice champions all of us that believe in a patriotic America. Stifling that voice hurts Liberty.
  • Like 2

Enough with these boycotts already.  

Fox doled out 13 mill on this mans behalf.  You dont think they did their homework on the situations before they made these payments?   On top of his spousal abuse. Allegations after allegations after allegations but according to him nothing ever happened.  

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 4

He has been paying women off for years, that's not a guy I want being a voice for conservatives. Remember this scandal?

"In October of 2004, the words “loofa” and “falafel” were mainstreamed into our sexual vocabulary. To the shock of some, and to the entertainment of millions, religious right wingnut Bill O'Reilly was accused of sexually harassing coworker Andrea Mackris with explicit phone conversations that were allegedly taped.

On October 28, 2004, O'Reilly and Mackris reached an out of court settlement, and dropped all charges against each other. It was widely rumored that O’Reilly paid Mackris close to ten million dollars to “shut up” and destroy the tapes."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pt0217 said:

Jerry,
To be fair to O'Reilly, he said these claims are all unsubstantiated. I am not defending sexual harassment at all but I will defend his place in the public sphere. All Americans are imperfect, including O'Reilly, including myself. O'Reilly has done tremendous amounts of good in this world. His voice champions all of us that believe in a patriotic America. Stifling that voice hurts Liberty.

I wholeheartedly agree about him having done lots of good over the years, but I can't get past the repeat situations. Once, maybe even twice could be a mistake. But it appears to be quite a pattern over a period of time. I can't help but wonder how he would label someone else for the same behavior.

I'll still be interested in his views on world news, but hopefully he won't be in a position to wield power over young women trying to advance their careers. If he did that to one of my daughters, Grrrrrr.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
Grammer

3 hours ago, pt0217 said:

I didn't know where to turn when I heard the news. Thought maybe here.

I'm done with Fox News. I ask you all to boycott that channel. We are under attack by well funded, anti American progressive, movement. If allowed to succeed it will destroy our country!

I'm a fox news guy... but you're upset he was fired for sexual harassment? That's a progressive problem? What if it was your daughter?

• Like 1

I'm sure he'll find a job elsewhere.  Maybe not on any major TV networks, but I'm sure he'll at least get a radio gig.  He won't make as much money as he did before, but does he really need any more money?  He's got more money than dirt already.  Oh, and my hunch would be that many, if not all of these allegations are probably true.  His pompous personality is exactly the trait that many men who harass women possess.  They think they can say anything they want to anyone, at anytime without any consequences.   It's now caught up to him, and I honestly DON'T feel a bit sorry for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

Enough with these boycotts already.  

Fox doled out 13 mill on this mans behalf.  You dont think they did their homework on the situations before they made these payments?   On top of his spousal abuse. Allegations after allegations after allegations but according to him nothing ever happened.  

Yeah, i can't see them coming out of pocket for that kind of cash for a made up story with no basis. As an employer they are not held to the same thresholds of legal standards for a termination as in a court of law to find someone guilty of a crime or civil action but unfortunately we probably wont know all the details now. It bothers me having an action taken without due process and being able to face your accuser and all but my gut tells me he owns this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Yeah, i can't see them coming out of pocket for that kind of cash for a made up story with no basis. As an employer they are not held to the same thresholds of legal standards for a termination as in a court of law to find someone guilty of a crime or civil action but unfortunately we probably wont know all the details now. It bothers me having an action taken without due process and being able to face your accuser and all but my gut tells me he owns this. 

he had the highest rated cable news show for years. Fox news is a business. They're going to do what it takes to keep the guy on the air until the backlash is no longer worth it. If he wasn't who he was he probably would have been gone with the first one. When there's smoke there's fire.

I'm more upset I don't get to look at Megan Kelly. That intelligence in that body? My gawd...

• Like 2

I'm a fox news guy... but you're upset he was fired for sexual harassment? That's a progressive problem? What if it was your daughter?

I am not upset because he was fired for sexual harassment, because he wasn't. If that were the case he would have been fired back in 2009. This is an attack by the progressive movement to destroy the most powerful voice in main stream media.
I didn't realize I was on a righteous site. I have seen nothing that warrants destroying the good that he does and what he stands for.

he had the highest rated cable news show for years. Fox news is a business. They're going to do what it takes to keep the guy on the air until the backlash is no longer worth it. If he wasn't who he was he probably would have been gone with the first one. When there's smoke there's fire.
I'm more upset I don't get to look at Megan Kelly. That intelligence in that body? My gawd...

Megan Kelly is someone's daughter.

I watch Fox News and think it's very good. I never watched O Reilly , but he was their highest rated show. This is not a case of the left media winning but of mans failure. As others have said fox would never have terminated him if it was all false. He's human and he was wrong to treat women Disrespectfully. I will still watch fox .Oreilly will make a comeback at some point, they all do . Money talks...,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox News will still be Fox News. They still have a great staff and tell things like they are. That isn't going to change. You want to boycott something, how about Facebook? Posting the assault of a handicapped guy, a rape, and a cold blooded murder.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't watch him (I have no cable/satellite anymore). I don't know if this stuff is true. If it were 1-2 things I'd think it's people hating but there is a lot of smoke there, which means he's kryptonite and fox had to dump him. He was already losing advertisers like mad.

Next on the chopping block will be Hannity. Wait for it. Not saying that O'Reilly is a saint and didn't do what his accusers are claiming, but people pay to just settle all the time. Murdocks's kids are taking over Fox and they, and there spouses, are all far from conservative.  Just saying..

Edited by ants
  • Like 2

Fox News will still be Fox News. They still have a great staff and tell things like they are. That isn't going to change. You want to boycott something, how about Facebook? Posting the assault of a handicapped guy, a rape, and a cold blooded murder.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Rob,
I never did facebook and doubt I ever will. Aside from the scum it assists like you mention, it makes people act self aggrandizing. I can't stomach it.

23 hours ago, pt0217 said:

I am not upset because he was fired for sexual harassment, because he wasn't. If that were the case he would have been fired back in 2009. This is an attack by the progressive movement to destroy the most powerful voice in main stream media.
I didn't realize I was on a righteous site. I have seen nothing that warrants destroying the good that he does and what he stands for.

No, in 2009 he still had a few strikes left and it wasn't public. Many of us have had a second chance or 2 when doing something dumb so long as it wasn't too bad. Like it or not, the sponsors were taking their money away because the court of public opinion settles all. Look at what's happening to united for an example. like it or not...

And when you say that you've seen nothing that warrants destroying this guy I am really scratching my head. He has essentially verbally abused at least 5 woman. I'm conservative, I watch fox news on occasion and I've never minded his show although I think he's a bit pompous. But that doesn't mean he deserves blind support. That doesn't mean he has good character.  

23 hours ago, pt0217 said:

Megan Kelly is someone's daughter.

I'm pretty sure I complimented her and my comment doesn't influence her employment.

23 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I don't think commenting on a social forum that a woman is built well and intelligent quite matches up with sexual harassment - and I'll add this - if it's true.

this

20 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

And she doesn't work with or for Belo

and this

• Like 1

Belo,
Your comments about Kelly are hypocritical. I don't disagree with you though, she is hot. And, no need to show me the people that support you, I can read.

I am open to hearing the facts that Oreilly has done anything wrong. I haven't heard any here, or anywhere. When they come out we can talk about how bad a guy he is. Until then I will base my feelings on what I know.
He has been the number 1 cable news show for 20 years. He speaks to truth, Liberty and Freedom for all. He helps veterans that have made huge sacrifices for our country. He donates millions of dollars to charity. Character means everything and Bill O'Reilly has a tremendous amount of It. I look forward to his return and the demise of the Fox News channel.