Daughter is done with the Genesis

sodfather

She came home today and said after the tournament she wants to go up a grade in her bow. I picked up this Hoyt Ignite from a buddy of mine last year in hope she would shoot it when strong enough. Still need Jeff from Niagara Outdoors to go through it but she handled it good. 

IMG_1446.JPG

• Like 9

It was around that age when I found that old drawshave up in my Dad's shop and built my first hickory longbow, and went up in the hayloft of the barn and started shooting pigeons. Archery became a huge thing in my life at that time, and it thrills me to see kids getting into it. Yeah, the equipment is a lot different and way more sophisticated, but the challenge, discipline, and fulfillment are the same. And it is a hobby that can provide a lifetime of enjoyment.

And look at that shooting form .......perfect!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm still super jealous of that archers T! I've got to get my girls shooting and join you for a shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime Tacs let me know I have several targets and I can even set up that Genesis to see if they enjoy it.  But be careful if your kids love it the addiction will begin and the bank account gets smaller LOL..She's looking through the Lancaster archery catolog making a wish list for me . She was proud of this a broken knock hahaha.

IMG_1445.JPG

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 4

On 6/13/2017 at 7:20 PM, sodfather said:

She came home today and said after the tournament she wants to go up a grade in her bow. I picked up this Hoyt Ignite from a buddy of mine last year in hope she would shoot it when strong enough. Still need Jeff from Niagara Outdoors to go through it but she handled it good. 

IMG_1446.JPG

What age did u start her on the genesis?

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

What age did u start her on the genesis?

She started her a year ago. She really is hooked shoots probably 4 nights a week. She does get discouraged sometimes but I like that a little she just wants to get better and better..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sodfather said:

She started her a year ago. She really is hooked shoots probably 4 nights a week. She does get discouraged sometimes but I like that a little she just wants to get better and better..

Sounds like she is already bitten by the bug , the never ending quest to shoot a perfect round EVERY time.

• Like 1

regardless of how well she does, you both being passionate about the same interest is so awesome words doesn't do it justice.  nothing wrong with chasing perfection and improvement, as long as you don't burn yourself out doing so and still have fun.

• Like 1