That feeling

Chef

This morning for the first time this year I got that feeling, that deep down in your gut feeling when you know deer season is close. I'm up at camp, it was about 7 and my dog was by the door wanting to go out, I opened the door for him walked out on to the porch and began to take my morning piss... I noticed I could see my breath I felt the cold air. And it came to me.... deer season is coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

i feel it too it started when i got my license and doe tag now its getting a little cooler [even in the city] im not going in the pool w/ my grandson much and i'm getting the itch know its close and starting to look on cabelas and dicks and pro bass shops i did an inventory of my stuff . oh and i started to work out getting in shape i tried on my hunting clothes and my hunting jacket it was a little tight. i bought  another bow [used but newer than what i have] and been practicing my axx off. we were up at the house getting ready ALOTof work fixing tree stands and hedge hogging and work on the house but every week end something comes up so its hard whos going to italy, whos got baby showers and block parties and birthday parties to attend i jealous of you guys that live upstate and can just go out and get ready after work and when you have free time

• Like 2

We still have about (2) deer left in the freezer from 5-1/2 but are hitting it hard now to provide additional incentive.  My wife is making stuffed peppers tonight.  I gave my brother in law three quart freezer packages of grind a couple weeks ago.   I did not expect anything in return, but he made us up a bunch of venison/beef jerky (he claims that 50:50 is the perfect ratio).  Even better, he "magically" came up with a bunch of leftover RR corn for next years plots.  I was thinking that I was going to have to shuck some of this years off the cobs in order to have enough "free seed" for next year.  

The best thing about the vacuum sealer is that it keeps the venison tasting fresh for several years if need be.  I am going to try and be a little more selective with my buck tags this year, so I can get in on the late season ML action down at my buddies camp.  They have been trying to get me there for years.      

12 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I have a bunch left,gonna get one less this year. Four is too much for me,three is perfect!

The first mornings where it drops into the 40's.  I shoot the bow before I go to work.  I got a picture of my first cruising buck!  I don't know where he came from, but I got a single picture of him on a new log road I cut last winter.  The weather must have him in the mood to look around too!

def a nice feel to the morns.  Also am actually seeing more deer out in fields too.  They also like the cool weather.  A down to the last 2 peices of venison breakfast sausage, so must be season is close.  Was outside this weekend and a flock of geese went over on a cool morning and yup ..... that did it!  lol 

I hung another stand yesterday,that makes me want to sit in it right away!

Beautiful spot on a little stream with apples and red oaks close by,usually there is a scrape down there too. Saw a decent six there last year,right after i let my bow of the tree. Past legal light anyway... Hope he is still around.

Usually mid August. This year it was this morning. Nice crisp chill in the air, leaves starting to change, and found a few good runs (new from last season) going in and out of some thick stuff on one area I will be hunting. Had that slight feeling of butterflies in the gut.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk