Looking for opinions

DanielT

yeah for me and this is my personal preference  i like the 3 pin set up im use to it i had a deer @ about 37 yrds i say about cause i ranged a tree before i shot you know nothing else to do i take ranges .all i did was put the 40 yd pin on her back and the 30 on the white on her chest i hit dead center in the lungs . but i know guys and some on here that love the single pin .i tried it on my friends bow i really couldnt be bothered moving site with the lever on the side . i imagine the newer bows have a better system for sighting his was an older bow. but than again its getting to know you bow i practiced at odd ranges 25 yds and 35 yds as well as 20-30 and 40 yds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 2:44 PM, tommyc50 said:

yeah for me and this is my personal preference  i like the 3 pin set up im use to it i had a deer @ about 37 yrds i say about cause i ranged a tree before i shot you know nothing else to do i take ranges .all i did was put the 40 yd pin on her back and the 30 on the white on her chest i hit dead center in the lungs . but i know guys and some on here that love the single pin .i tried it on my friends bow i really couldnt be bothered moving site with the lever on the side . i imagine the newer bows have a better system for sighting his was an older bow. but than again its getting to know you bow i practiced at odd ranges 25 yds and 35 yds as well as 20-30 and 40 yds

wait a minute, do you mean 30 pin on her back, 40 on white? i shoot 3 pin also, give my son a half dozen arrows and have him stick the in the yard from ranges 15-40 on his own so i can estimate yardages. he gets carried away and makes me shoot 70 sometimes.

I will have to let you know a little later this fall.  After 25+ years with multi pins, both of my bows now have single pin sites on them.  So far I love the fact I don't have to remember to choose the correct  pin in the heat of the moment, and if I set it right most of my shots with a single pin should be easy adjustments (high/low aim) if the deer adjusts its course and I cannot change the yardage.

My hunting bow has a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL on it, and if you haven't bought your new site yet you might want to look at a couple options on this site.  I bought the site housing with the double pin on it, which has two "pointers" on the same pin (one just below the other).  It should serve me well in an emergency if I either forget to move it or the deer ends up 10 yards further than what I expected.  Kind of the best of both worlds for me. 

I love the accuracy of the single pin when I set it, and was never as good as I wanted to be when gapping pins on my multi-pin site.  I can't wait to try it out in the tree. 

• Like 1