Don't like bow-hunting from ladder stand :(

Core

2 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Love my ladders, the one you mentioned is what I have shot a lot of my deer out of. Sounds like you are sky lined and need to picka tree with more back drop (trees, leaves, brush behind you to allow your silhouette to blend into the surroundings. I love to hang mine in pines you get the best cover.

and lots of sticky sap.  lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

and lots of sticky sap.  lol

I avoid putting any stand in a Pine Tree . Learned the hard way years ago ..I had to take a large black garbage bag and tape it around the tree so I wouldn't be getting any more tree sap on my clothes . 

1 minute ago, fasteddie said:

I avoid putting any stand in a Pine Tree . Learned the hard way years ago ..I had to take a large black garbage bag and tape it around the tree so I wouldn't be getting any more tree sap on my clothes . 

And if you hunt in the nude, its even more uncomfortable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Im really not a fan of ladder stands either. I prefer the hang-ons all the way, or my climber(just sucks making noise while climbing). But im slowly transitioning my hang ons for Ladders since i have my wife and kids beginning to hunt. Just to stay on the safe side. I dont want them to be a monkey like i was getting into some of my stands from my younger days.

love the ladder stand but really have to find spots to tuck them in.  If you have open hardwoods they are harder to conceal.  But a lot more comfortable.  I even have some that are 9ft high just really tucked in the brush. This pic is a 17ft and prob a typical setup for me. Took this pic in the expected shot opening .  Stump in foreground is 16 yards. 

Durhamville stand.jpg

as I get older I stick to ladders.. but I make sure to spend the extra money and have the seat that flips up...  When standing it goes up.  The shooting rail is a plus.  I try to lean some thick branches on the ladder to blend it in the best I can.  I've even anchored burlap camo wrap to make sure my legs and feet are covered... good luck