Multiple properties

rabbithunter

So I’m sure most of you guys have multiple properties to deer hunt on. Do you guys hunt all properties during the season or do you usually stick to one property and put all your time and dedication into it. The last two years I’ve been hunting the same property all season and never hunt my other ones. I just want to see what other guys normally do

I have 3 properties I can hunt, my home I hunt my property,  and the acreage behind my home I have permission to as well.  My dad, and I have a camp 200 miles north, and I also have permission to hunt at my work place.  I live about an hour from work, so sometimes I hunt for 2-3 hrs at work, before and after.  If I do not go upstate to camp, I will hunt at home on the weekends, or my days I am off from work.  Also, if I need does, I only have doe permits for the zone my work is in.  Each property is in a different zone.  

I hunt 4 main places.  My lease i hunt hard during bow. I mainly hunt that mornings because its 45mins and with 3kids its hard to stay there all day. 3 main chunks of stateland during gun, only hunt bow on them during rut/late season. i just found a nice areial view of another chunk of stateland that i will be hoping to add to my line up after a walk through this weekend. But they will all get there shared time.

Gosh I have two spots but every time I'd go to one place and it didn't pan out I'd sit their wondering how my other spot was, so for that I just stick to our land. I have a hard enough time deciding what stand to sit in there

• Haha 1

The best thing about having access to multiple properties, is that makes it easier to avoid "burning out" a good spot.  Deer do not tolerate much hunting pressure.  Picking the spot to hunt usually involves what the deer are eating, where they are bedding, and what way the wind is blowing.  If I can narrow it down to a few spots, based on those three considerations, I will usually pick the one that has rested the longest.  

One other variable that comes into play on certain days, like the opener of southern zone gun season, the second Saturday, and Thanksgiving morning, is the effect of other hunters.   Hunters are easier to pattern than deer, and certain spots will allow you to take advantage of deer movement caused by other hunters.  The longer you hunt a particular property, the easier it is to identify the "hot-spots" for those days.