New Trail Cam

So I been wanting to pick up another trail cam for the other end of the property but now the one I have is malfunctioning so I definitely need another one.The one I got is a wild game Innovations not sure of the model but it only detects movement from like 2 foot away now. I have replaced the batteries and the sensor eye is not dirty so I don't know if there's any saving it. I've had it for about 6 yrs and it was only like $60 so I guess I got my moneys worth. I'm looking for a decent one for around $100 looking for suggestions any ideas???

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i have 4 different kinds and really havent had a problem with any of them.  After about 5 years of a lot of use I had one bushnell from walmart stop working but other than that all have worked fine.  If your just looking for pics and dont need a lot of options, just want to see pics of deer then wouldnt spend a lot on one.  I do have one cheap primos that I have a tough time setting the date and time but I just want to know whats out there, i use them just to take an inventory and see if any big uns'.  

Were any Cabela's branded cameras? If so that might be worth looking into....I didn't realize this but after visiting the store yesterday to by an ATV cover I was told all Cabela's branded products have a lifetime guarantee, no questions asked and they will take it back for something as little as fading of the cover for uv Ray's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Bushnell from walmart - takes good pics.  - about $80. Sometimes on sale for less. 

dream buck 2017 1.jpg

Nice picture!

These are hit or miss. Have owned a half dozen, some lasted a couple years, some lasted a couple months. Some had great range some had horrible range. For the price of 98$ i'd go with something else.. 

Edited by LET EM GROW

Check with Phade for the Browning Strike Force.. Best cam for the buck on the market. I have several and all are bullet proof and have taken thousands and thousands of pictures.  With literally ZERO flaws. 
Is Phade currently selling the Browning Strike force? What's the price range?

55 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Were any Cabela's branded cameras? If so that might be worth looking into....I didn't realize this but after visiting the store yesterday to by an ATV cover I was told all Cabela's branded products have a lifetime guarantee, no questions asked and they will take it back for something as little as fading of the cover for uv Ray's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

i just started running 2 of the cabelas this year. i think they were on sale for about a 110$.  I bought them for  the warranty .  I have had several cameras from several makers and have had  issues with just about all (wildgame, browning,  primos)of them even when buying the step up from lowest priced , averaging about 125 per cam.. I have also bought and used brownings strike force i have 5 of them and have great luck with some yet others need to go back. you would think being the same model they would have the same "quality" but they seem to be hit or miss. I do however run them year round so that may be part of the problem. I bought them from trailcampro.com because they offer an additional year warranty if purchased from them. They have been great in honoring it as well. They also do some great reviews. So far i have mixed reviews with the Cabelas the one i have on the field edge takes numerous pictures of grass and branches blowing in the wind, even after lowing from normal to low sensitivity.  the other in the more wooded area doesnt have that issue. Another annoyance is when saving the settings you have to confirm all of them anytime you want to change one or they go back to default. for example if you want to change from 1 to 3 pics you need  change that one plus sensitivity, quality, delay, MP, video ,Etc. etc. . i have been happy with the picture quality so far but have only checked cards from them once so need more time. Even though they arent my favorite a Lifetime for  a camera is worth the trade offs IMO.

1 hour ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Is Phade currently selling the Browning Strike force? What's the price range?

Yes, not sure of his price, but I would guess the price range is around 130$ somewhere, give or take a few.. I haven't bought a Strike Force from him since last year... I picked up the Dark ops this year to try it is slightly more in price. Strike force cams are amazing, especially for the price. Ive owned most cams, and Browning are by far my preferred cam of choice.  

• Like 1

I needed a cam in a pinch for an area where we found a ton of fresh buck sign a week or so ago. Went to Tractor Supply and picked up A 'Wild Game  Innovation'  cam they had on sale for $89. Came with card and batteries too. Don't remember the model # though. But it's a black flash has multiple options and I have had good luck with the WGI cams in the past. But phade is beyond a doubt, the "go to guy" for cams! Be it for advice or for purchase.  If I had, had more time,  I would have PM'ed phade instead of going to TS.

• Like 1

I have 8 Browning Strike Force HD Elite cams (2016 models). I have no complaints. Excellent all around cam. I bought most from Phade. Bass Pro had them on sale for $99 recently and I had Bass Pro gift cards and points to burn, so I bought a few. I wish the night time video was longer than 20sec, but no biggie. I only use video over scrapes anyways. 

• Like 2

No matter what you buy for a camera it mostly depends on the set up. There is more to using a camera than just sticking it on a tree. You need to know where the sun will be, where the deer will be coming from, camera height and a few others to get really good photos. There are a bunch under $100 out there that are good. I have had good luck with the Spypoint, Moultrie, and some Wildgame cameras. I have had bad luck with the Stealth Cams. They were the P-12's. They didn't work real well. Plus a pain to constantly set the date and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1