early breed

2012_taco

A friend called me this morning as he just watched 2 different small bucks breed a doe. Within an hour a large buck showed and went off with the doe. He later bumped the doe and big buck on his way out. Is it just me or does it seem real early for the breeding phase? I know that does that don't get bred will go into heat a month later but I've never seen the breeding start this early! This was in 9F.

They come into estrus like popcorn. You'll get 1 or 2 early, then a few more will go off. Before you know it, they'll be going off like crazy. Then it will taper off as the last couple will pop. There may even be a few that don't pop, but may on the next cycle. 

With the full moon coming up next week,, I would fully expect the intensity to increase as well. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

A friend called me this morning as he just watched 2 different small bucks breed a doe. Within an hour a large buck showed and went off with the doe. He later bumped the doe and big buck on his way out. Is it just me or does it seem real early for the breeding phase? I know that does that don't get bred will go into heat a month later but I've never seen the breeding start this early! This was in 9F.

She sounds like a bit of a slut to me !   LOL